Newbie questions on overclocking Mobile AMD 2400+/266 Athlon XP with A7N8X-E Deluxe rev.2

Old March 10th 04, 07:06 AM
Arawak

Default Newbie questions on overclocking Mobile AMD 2400+/266 Athlon XP with A7N8X-E Deluxe rev.2

SO I have received the new components for my re-build and installed
the motherboard and PCI cards from my old system
(Promise/SCSI\SoundBlaster Live\ATI Raedon All-In-Wonder).
before I do anything else, I need advise on what jumpers I should
change to overclock this system and once that is done, what steps
should I take once I turn on the system (BIOS modifications
necessary).

New CPU, Memory and Motherboard:
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe rev.2
CPU MOBILE AMD 2400+/266 ATHLON XP
CPU FAN|AERO FLOW VA4-C7040 VTEC RT
2 x (80061) Crucial Technology CT6464Z335 512MB DDR333 PC2700 Memory
CASE: Cooler Master Wave Master

I have 2 additional questions for anyone else familiar with the board
and this specific case.
The case comes with a top mounted USB/Firewire/Audio module and no
instructions on hop to connect them to the system. I THINK I have
figured out the 2 USB headers but the confused about the others. From
the 1394 type plug I figure that it can only be connected to an
internal device of some sort from the type of plug. The audio plug has
4 tiny wires 1 Purple, 1 Blue, 1 Green and 1 Yellow. On the
motherboard the Front panel audio connector (FPAUDIO1) has 9 pins
MIC2-AGND-MICPWR-+5VA-LineOut_R-Bline_Out_R-NC-Line out_L-Bline_out_L.
Which pin goes where?
Hidden in the front of the case are 2 blue & white twisted wires
connected to a pair of power connectore on each. What are these for?

TIA
Arawak
Old March 10th 04, 08:05 AM
rstlne

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.ph...CWave%20Master
http://www.coolermaster.com/product_...097966e5e1.jpg

Old March 10th 04, 08:30 PM
Arawak

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:05:58 -0000, "rstlne"
wrote:

"Arawak" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

No help there. Emails to support bounces and the diagram on their site
which shows the correct Firewire type plug differs from the one that
came with the same model. Still no instructions or FAQ answering my
question.