3dMark2001SE FUBAR...

Old February 6th 04, 10:33 PM
Tin-Char D'un

Default 3dMark2001SE FUBAR...

'lo there folks...
I recently upgraded my processor to a Barton XP2500 (since my XP2600 decided
to die on me... ) and since I swapped chips 3dMark2001SE has stopped running
certain tests and, as a result, now refuses to give me benchmark score
because I hasn't run all of the tests... I've checked the settings in 3dMark
and apparently it's set to run them all so I don't know what's going on
here. Any thoughts are gratefully recieved.
Also, on a not entirely unrelated matter, what sort of results can I expect
from this new chip as far as overclocking goes? I've seen some people
getting around 2.2GHz - 2.4GHz at stock voltage which is impressive. I'm
looking to get somewhere closer to 2GHz, just to keep it stable and not
stress it too much. Is that feasable? I'm running it on an A7N8X Deluxe with
512MB PC3200 RAM and cooling it with a Coolermaster Aero7+, so that's not
gonna cause any problems... Again, any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers folks!
Dave.

--
The Jedi Code -
"There is no emotion; There is peace.

Old February 7th 04, 12:56 AM
QBall

If you've got a locked chip and a mediocre Asus, expect default 11 x 200 for
2.2 GHz.
If you've got an unlocked chip and good air-cooling, expect up to 2.6 GHz.
Most 2500's get between 2.4 and 2.5 GHz - but cooling and BIOS settings are
paramount.

Old February 7th 04, 12:12 PM
Flow

I found with higher fsb and/or multiplier settings you need more vcore
If not then 3dmark wont finish,simply throws you back to the desktop.
So check in bios if your vcore is accordingly.

"QBall" schreef in bericht

Old February 7th 04, 01:29 PM
Tin-Char D'un

I should have mentioned earlier that when I ran 3dMark I was running the
chip at stock speeds and also, I could sit there and actually watch 3dMark
run through all the tests ~ it's not like I was getting dumped back to the
desktop. It wouldn't tell me that it hasn't run all the tests util it HAD
run through all the tests... go figure =P Uhm, for those of you that can
tell me what this means, CPU-Z reports my chip as being Family 6, Ext.
Family 7, Model A, Ext. Model A, Stepping 0...

Thanks again,
Dave.

---

Old February 13th 04, 11:18 AM
Chip

"QBall" wrote in message

Most 2500's get between 2.4 and 2.5 GHz - but cooling and BIOS settings

are
paramount.

With respect, I think this is fantasy. Of course you'd expect all 2500's to
make 2.5 GHz and higher with 2.3v and LN2 cooling. But being practical for
a moment - and considering that the vast majority of people have good air
cooling (or worse!) - then 2200~2300MHz is a more reasonable expectation for
a 2500+. Heck many XP3200+'s can't do more than 2300MHz with "normal"
cooling. (I should know, I own one!)

Chip.