Will a 7600GS do me right?

Old August 1st 06, 01:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Pete

Default Will a 7600GS do me right?

Hi

I'm undecided between a Geforce 7600GT and the GS

I'm not a huge game enthusiast but play the odd thing, is a GS really that
bad?

Is there a particulat 7600GS brand that seems to perform better than the
other 7600GS cards at a similar price point? I think I saw a winfast card
that looked good but can't remember where? A link to a 7600GS roundup would
be great.

Any good deals around in the UK?

Thanks

Pete

Old August 2nd 06, 04:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

In article , "Pete"
wrote:

Hi

I'm undecided between a Geforce 7600GT and the GS

I'm not a huge game enthusiast but play the odd thing, is a GS really that
bad?

Is there a particulat 7600GS brand that seems to perform better than the
other 7600GS cards at a similar price point? I think I saw a winfast card
that looked good but can't remember where? A link to a 7600GS roundup would
be great.

Any good deals around in the UK?

Thanks

Pete

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/

Core Mem Bus ROPs/Pixel/
Vertex Shaders
7600GS G73 256MB DDR2 400Mhz 800Mhz 128Bits 8 / 12 / 5 DX9.0,PS3.0,VS3.0
7600GT G73 256MB GDDR3 560Mhz 700Mhz 128Bits 8 / 12 / 5 DX9.0,PS3.0,VS3.0

Looks like different clock rate and different RAM. Cards on Newegg
range from 560-590, and overclocking doesn't always lead to
a happy, long lived card. You would be just as happy with a
card at stock.

Paul

6800xt vs 7600gs vinny Nvidia Videocards 1 July 27th 06 01:29 PM
Nvidia 7600GS Ken Nvidia Videocards 1 June 11th 06 02:22 AM
ASUS 7600GS card with 256 or 512 MB ram ? Jakob Harder Nvidia Videocards 0 May 15th 06 09:27 PM