eVGA site says the 7900GT is directx10 compatible

Old March 18th 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default eVGA site says the 7900GT is directx10 compatible

That makes the 7900GT the only dx10 card out there right
now, as far as I can tell. That is what I'm going to be testing
in my new rig. I'll bring it up under 32 bit XP, and check this
autoenable of HDR thing in Far Cry .. and cook some nVidia
gooses if it fails. Also test CoD2 at max settings and smoke.
And then Vista as soon as I can get it. I'll be in learn mode,
so what I report back with not only be the truth as I see it,
but I'll report back on the fixes ... and also on the big-mouths
at BFG tech-support. If any of them cross me, they are going
to rue that day, because I'm not selling anything. All I want
is for my games to run at least as well as they have on my
present box with an ATI 9800 Pro .. AMD Athlon 64 3000.
New box is BFG 7900GT OC .. AMD Athlon 64 3700.
Reason: This is a 10 Billion dollar industry now, and there
needs to be standards. If they rip me off, I'm going to hit
them back right in their bank accounts.

johns

Old March 18th 06, 11:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

No. I'm just going to kick some smart-mouth nobodies
right in their bank accounts if they don't clean up their
act. And I'm not kidding one bit. The kids can't put a
stop to this. I can ... and will. I'm really tired of this
new phase of broken technology, that the vendors
won't lift a finger to correct. I'm really tired of the Chinese
scum-bag ripoffs. I know who they are. Where they
are. And how to sic State and Federal agencies on them
for selling products that clearly are flawed and will not
do what they are advertised to do. Why are we putting
up with this? I have a Kmart DVD player under warranty.
It has gone back to New York 5 times now for repair,
and when it gets back, it will break the exact same way
again .. only this time the warranty will have expired.
I paid $80 for it, and UPS ( morons ) have flown it from
the West Coast to the East Coast 5 times. The UPS
truck has driven it half way across Idaho 5 times. In
the meantime, I bought another DVD player locally,
and I'm determined to teach Kmart a lesson. I'll keep
that stupid thing flying and driving until they catch on,
and pull the product from their shelves. It has already
cost them $500 or more in repairs alone. Add to that
the cost of flying it 30,000 miles, and driveing it about
500 miles, and they've lost their shirts on my $80
POS. I even offered to let them give me my money
back. Nope. Stupid is as stupid does, and I'm going
to take advantage of it ... and tell the world.

johns

Old March 19th 06, 10:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"johns" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know. Still eVGA says that right on their web site. Hope it is
true. I suspect it is. With Vista coming out this year, after years
of development, I imagine the vendors have planned on meeting
the new 64 bit standards already. I was just wondering about
that as I build up my new system. I think I'm ready .. and
curious to see what 64 bit gaming is like. Got Far Cry 64
ready to show me its stuff. I already know I'm going to be
screaming and yelling for a while .. but I'll fix it sooner or
later. It is just money. Lots of money ....

johns

well,at least your aware it may not be true. I suppose the graphcs card
makers have a pretty good idea what DX10 will involve since Vista is
supposed to ship with it. I'd like to try the full 64 bit gaming too as well
as dual core enabled games. But I can barely afford a decent video card
upgrade at mo'. My
FX 5900 has to go,it really sucks at DX9. It's great in OpenGL but...

Old March 21st 06, 02:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

My Radeon 9600 Pro is Direct10 compatible

Does not mean it will runany good on it though.

Compatible MEANS NOTHING. Its like Whhiter than WHITE. Agp 8X ect.

Take your pick.

Just means a DX10 card will be faster and take advantage of tyhe
features of DX10. No card now will do that because not one knows the
features yet. or been given the code to program them atleast.

Oh crap.