Graphics card with DVI out at 1680X1050?

Old January 17th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Graphics card with DVI out at 1680X1050?

My new Philips monitor has a resolution of 1680X1050. My existing
cheap and nasty graphics cards handle this at analogue, but not
digital.

And trying to track down the resolutions that various cards deliver
seems impossible. That is one of the specs they seem to bury.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Nothing too fancy. I don't do games. Preferably AGP.

MK

Old January 18th 06, 02:13 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:24:53 +0000, Chris Howells

My new Philips monitor has a resolution of 1680X1050. My existing
cheap and nasty graphics cards handle this at analogue, but not
digital.

And trying to track down the resolutions that various cards deliver
seems impossible. That is one of the specs they seem to bury.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Nothing too fancy. I don't do games. Preferably AGP.

Try an Nvidia FX 5200 for approx £30.

I have two of these. Asus and Inno3d. Neither does that resolution
digital out.

MK
Old January 18th 06, 02:17 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On 17 Jan 2006 06:25:00 -0800, "peter" wrote:

wrote:

My new Philips monitor has a resolution of 1680X1050. My existing
cheap and nasty graphics cards handle this at analogue, but not
digital.

And trying to track down the resolutions that various cards deliver
seems impossible. That is one of the specs they seem to bury.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Various Matrox cards will go up to 1920x1200 digital - see
http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstatio...eries/p650.cfm
for example...

Thanks. Looks promising.

And a web site that gives resolutions!

MK

Old January 18th 06, 04:13 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

wrote:

Various Matrox cards will go up to 1920x1200 digital - see
http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstatio...eries/p650.cfm
for example...

Thanks. Looks promising.

I've used nothing but Matrox cards since they first started, must be 10
years or more.
If you don't 'do games' they're unbeatable IMO.

Old January 19th 06, 11:13 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:00:49 +0000, Chris Howells

Try an Nvidia FX 5200 for approx £30.

I have two of these. Asus and Inno3d. Neither does that resolution
digital out.

Ah, surprised to hear that. I've only used the higher end of their range
recently -- the 6800 GT and 7800 GT do 1920x1200 over DVI nicely. The
Matrox recommended elsewhere in this thread might be good good if you
can get a decent price.

"Decent price" may be a challenge. This looks like an expensive bit of
hardware, with not much on board memory.

Maybe the others are worth pursuing.

MK