Computer won't shut off

Old December 27th 05, 04:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Computer won't shut off

I,ve installed the Nvidia 8x.xx series drivers and the computer won't shut
off when shutting down( just sit there with a blinking cursor). This is not
the reboot for the final install of the drivers routine but after when I try
to shutdown the computer. Running Win98se with 6600GT card. I reverted back
to the 77.72 drivers and the computer shuts down. Anyone else having a
problem with shutdown and the 8x.xx drivers? Greg T

Old December 30th 05, 03:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Greg T" wrote in message
I,ve installed the Nvidia 8x.xx series drivers and the computer won't shut
off when shutting down( just sit there with a blinking cursor). This is
not
the reboot for the final install of the drivers routine but after when I
try
to shutdown the computer. Running Win98se with 6600GT card. I reverted
back
to the 77.72 drivers and the computer shuts down. Anyone else having a
problem with shutdown and the 8x.xx drivers? Greg T

No. But I'm sure someone in the world must be.

Old January 3rd 06, 03:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

JTB wrote:
"Greg T" wrote in message

I,ve installed the Nvidia 8x.xx series drivers and the computer won't shut
off when shutting down( just sit there with a blinking cursor). This is
not
the reboot for the final install of the drivers routine but after when I
try
to shutdown the computer. Running Win98se with 6600GT card. I reverted
back
to the 77.72 drivers and the computer shuts down. Anyone else having a
problem with shutdown and the 8x.xx drivers? Greg T

No. But I'm sure someone in the world must be.

Win98se? Egad, Man! Why bother to upgrade vid driver?
Old January 6th 06, 12:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Nvidia indicates that the 8x.xx series drivers can be used for Win98se.
WinXP doesn't impress me that much with all the extra bells and whistles. If
you can't offer any informative help why bother with a reply. Greg T

Old January 6th 06, 01:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Maybe I can help. Upgrade your motherboard chipset drivers.

My BFG 6800OC is using the 81.98 drivers on 98SE & Xp Pro on my triple boot
PC (98SE - XP Pro - Suse Linux 10)

(I haven't figured out how to install them on Linux yet

Joe

"Beowulf" wrote in message
JTB wrote:
"Greg T" wrote in message

I,ve installed the Nvidia 8x.xx series drivers and the computer won't

shut
off when shutting down( just sit there with a blinking cursor). This is
not
the reboot for the final install of the drivers routine but after when
try
to shutdown the computer. Running Win98se with 6600GT card. I reverted
back
to the 77.72 drivers and the computer shuts down. Anyone else having a
problem with shutdown and the 8x.xx drivers? Greg T

No. But I'm sure someone in the world must be.

snip