DVI & 6600GT

Old December 10th 05, 11:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default DVI & 6600GT

I changed from VGA to DVI/HDMI for my 26inch widescreen Samsumg monitor and
with this configuration
text is very difficult to read. I set up various HDTV display settings such
as 720p & 1081i. 1080i is really bad.
I have tried various resolutions 1280x720 but the screen is to wide.
Currenlty I have the resltion set at 1176x664.
At this resolution the desktop fits fine, but text is very pixalted. The
native resolution for this monitor is 1360x768.

I tried setting the native resolution using Power strip, but this res
centers every thing in a small area of the monitor destop.

Also games will only play in a small center area of the screen.

What settings are you guys using for wide screen setups?
I am using the latest 81.95 drivers.

Thanks
Rick

Old December 13th 05, 11:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Via HDMI you will not get the native resolution of the samsung monitor as it
overscans the signal. To get the best signal by dvi/hdmi, you need to input
720p. Due to the overscanning it means you are not getting 1:1. To get the
best picture stick to VGA. It should be crystal clear though it.

Rob