Price drops on AMD X2 on ZipZoomFly, plus very nice freebies.............

Old October 22nd 05, 06:39 PM
John Lewis

Default Price drops on AMD X2 on ZipZoomFly, plus very nice freebies.............

The Retail-box X2 prices on ZipZoomFly have changed this morning as
follows:-

X2 3800+ $338
X2 4200+ $410
X2 4400+ $497
X2 4600+ $640
X2 4800+ $799

-- with free 2-day shipping to mainland US.

Plus for all except X2 3800+, a free copy of Nero 7 Ultra edition
(full retail afaik), DVD media and a wine-stopper..........

I have not recently checked other prices in the AMD stable.
However, here are the top-end:

A4000+ San Diego $344
FX-57 $1011
FX-55 $811

The FX-57 still sure does not look like good performance-per-$$
Modest overclock of others, especially X2 4800+ makes it a no
contest, imho. Of course, there are those who worship at the altar
of clock-rate and "my processor is faster than your processor"....
like Intel, before AMD showed them the light.........

John Lewis

- Technology early-birds are flying guinea-pigs.

Old October 22nd 05, 11:24 PM
NightSky 421

"John Lewis" wrote in message
The Retail-box X2 prices on ZipZoomFly have changed this morning as
follows:-

Good deal, but I'm going to wait for Socket M2, as well as G80/R580 before
making any upgrade decisions.

Old October 23rd 05, 12:39 AM
Richard Dower

Same here, it's too much money to upgrade right now. We'll need a new mobo
and CPU for Socket M2...and DDR2 memory.

Being Socket M2/940 it should mean Socket 940 heatsinks will be
compatiable....hopefully.

Old October 23rd 05, 02:00 AM
NightSky 421

"Richard Dower" wrote in message
Same here, it's too much money to upgrade right now. We'll need a new mobo
and CPU for Socket M2...and DDR2 memory.

Being Socket M2/940 it should mean Socket 940 heatsinks will be
compatiable....hopefully.

Yeah, I'm running a Pentium 4 and a 9800 Pro in my gaming box, both of which
are over two years old now. I figure I'm good with what I have until
sometime next year anyway. I'm glad I went with a high-end box on my last
build since it's given me longevity and flexibility as to when I can
upgrade.

Old October 23rd 05, 02:04 AM
McGrandpa

"John Lewis" wrote in message
[...]

I like the fact that without overclocking, my 4800+ flat walks away from my
3.0E, and the X2 is clocked at 2.4 gHz. BTW, Q4 cruises nicely on the x2,
6800GT, 2 gigs PC3200, XP Pro SP2. in 1280x1024.
Could you imagine if Q2 had played like this when it came out? wow.
McG.