6600GT 128mb what's the catch?

Old September 7th 05, 04:22 PM
888

Default 6600GT 128mb what's the catch?

Please see this link:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...=94362&_LOC=UK

Is that a good card to buy?

Thanks.

--
Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

Old September 7th 05, 05:02 PM
Charlie

I have a very similar card (6600GT / AGP / 128M) by Chaintech and it is a
great value for $148 USD at Newegg.com

--

Charlie

Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

Old September 7th 05, 06:41 PM
Larry Roberts

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:22:43 +0100, "888" wrote:

Please see this link:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...=94362&_LOC=UK

Is that a good card to buy?

Thanks.

If £99.99 converts to $124 USD, then it looks like a great
deal. I have a Chaintech 6600GT AGP which is clocked the same as this
card (500Mhz/900Mhz core/memory), and I love it. With the GDDR3
memory, you can overclock the memory higher as well.
I suspect eBuyer is Europe's version of the US's Newegg, and
if so, we can only get an AGP 6600GT for no less than $143 USD, or
£114.980.
Old September 7th 05, 07:02 PM
Philb

888 wrote:
Please see this link:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...=94362&_LOC=UK

Is that a good card to buy?

Thanks.

Thats a great buy, I've just bought a 6800gt cos the 6600gts were £140,
wish I had of held on a bit now. I suppose I could always downgrade lol.

Phil
Old September 8th 05, 01:42 AM
Neil J Bundy

In message , 888
writes
Please see this link:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...c2hvd19wcm9kdW
N0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=94362&_LOC=UK

Is that a good card to buy?

Thanks.

Definitely a good buy that here in the UK, don't forget to check if the
prices are before VAT or not. Also check out the Galaxy 6600GT card, I
think that was only a few pounds dearer and is very well put together.
If it was the AGP you're after the Galaxy definitely come out of the box
at 500/1050 core/memory speed, I have had one for a few months now.

I bought my card from Scan: http://www.scan.co.uk I've always found them
very reliable and helpful, and returning stuff to Ebuyer can be a little
difficult sometimes. They also have both the Gainward 6600GT Ultra
Golden Sample and the Galaxy 6600GT in stock at the moment.

Neil.

--
Neil J Bundy
Old September 8th 05, 01:32 PM
888

Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

Thank you all for your replies! Much appreciated!

I remember before buying the Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB I had a dilemma
between the "128-bit" and the "256-bit" bandwidth version. So was wondering if
there were any compromises for this "value" card.

Old September 8th 05, 02:51 PM
Larry Roberts

Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

Thank you all for your replies! Much appreciated!

I remember before buying the Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB I had a dilemma
between the "128-bit" and the "256-bit" bandwidth version. So was wondering if
there were any compromises for this "value" card.

All 6600GT cards are 128bit. None are 64bit, or 256bit. You'd
have to go to at least a 6800 standard to get 256bit memory bus. If
you would decide to settle for a standard 6600 though, you'd need to
watch out as there are some with 64bit memory buses.
Old September 8th 05, 06:38 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

Possibly cos the 7600 GT is coming soon. The 6600 GTs are getting really
cheap. You can get a 256MB 6600 GT for like ¢G140 now at www.scan.co.uk

Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

Old September 8th 05, 10:08 PM
HullBoys

not to rub anyone`s nose in it but i got an XFX6800gt for £135 from
Ebuyer(UK) last week. bargain as the same card went up to £200 the next day!
cheap. You can get a 256MB 6600 GT for like ¢G140 now at www.scan.co.uk

Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

Old September 9th 05, 09:42 AM
Philb

HullBoys wrote:
not to rub anyone`s nose in it but i got an XFX6800gt for £135 from
Ebuyer(UK) last week. bargain as the same card went up to £200 the next day!

Crikey, that must been an error on their part.

Phil