Overly pixelated video when upgraded to 77.77 drivers

Old August 29th 05, 03:10 AM

Default Overly pixelated video when upgraded to 77.77 drivers

I just updated my nvidia video drivers from 71.89 to 77.77. The system
is Windows 2000. I have noticed that video in both Real Player and
Windows Media player is very grainy/pixelated now since updating.

My machine is running both the GeForce FX 5700 LE and GeForce 5500 FX
in a triple monitor configuration.

Any suggestions on what settings to try to get the video looking
smoother?

Old August 31st 05, 02:17 PM
Quietman

Just a thought... but are you running in 16 bit or 32 bit color depth now?
16 bit can make video look the way you describe. 32 bit should get rid of it
if you are in 16 bit.

ps.com...

Old September 1st 05, 02:38 AM
Dr White

wrote in message
ps.com...
I just updated my nvidia video drivers from 71.89 to 77.77. The system
is Windows 2000. I have noticed that video in both Real Player and
Windows Media player is very grainy/pixelated now since updating.

My machine is running both the GeForce FX 5700 LE and GeForce 5500 FX
in a triple monitor configuration.

Any suggestions on what settings to try to get the video looking
smoother?

I had the same problem on my 5700. Media Player, Real Player, Quicktime,
DIVX were all ****ed up after upgrading to those pesky drivers. I fixed
Media Player by going into preferences and altering one of the video overlay
settings (i think) but could not fix the other applications. Uninstall the
driver and re-install the 71.xx drivers to fix this bug.

Dr.White.