Riddick ?

Old July 20th 05, 11:22 PM
Gr@y

Default Riddick ?

I have been having problems with The chronicles of riddick escape from
butcher bay .
I get a buzzing sound (this can happen as the game starts or even ten
minutes in or an hour in )
and the screen locks the only way to get out is to reboot .
I am using the 77.72 win2kxp english whql drivers I have also applied the
latest patch for riddick all other games work fine doom 3 ,half life 2
etc.....
System specs
XP Pro service pack 2
Gigabyte K8v ultra 939 M/board
Amd Athlon 64 3700+
2.00 GB of Ram
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT
any Idea`s anyone

Old July 21st 05, 12:04 AM
rms

You don't say what soundcard. Be sure you run on PixelShader2.0, not 2.0+
in the game also: significant faster.

rms

Old July 21st 05, 07:03 AM
Andrew

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:22:45 GMT, "Gr@y" wrote:

I get a buzzing sound (this can happen as the game starts or even ten
minutes in or an hour in )

This is a video card newsgroup, they aren't known for their audio
properties.
Old July 21st 05, 02:52 PM
Conor

In article , Gr@y
says...
I have been having problems with The chronicles of riddick escape from
butcher bay .
I get a buzzing sound (this can happen as the game starts or even ten
minutes in or an hour in )
and the screen locks the only way to get out is to reboot .
I am using the 77.72 win2kxp english whql drivers I have also applied the
latest patch for riddick all other games work fine doom 3 ,half life 2
etc.....
System specs
XP Pro service pack 2
Gigabyte K8v ultra 939 M/board
Amd Athlon 64 3700+
2.00 GB of Ram
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT
any Idea`s anyone

Read about PCI latency and Audigy soundcards.

--
Conor

Old July 21st 05, 07:29 PM
Gr@y

Oop`s sorry
System specs
XP Pro service pack 2
Gigabyte K8v ultra 939 M/board
Amd Athlon 64 3700+
Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs
2.00 GB of Ram
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT

Old July 22nd 05, 03:05 PM
Conor

In article , Gr@y
says...
Oop`s sorry
System specs
XP Pro service pack 2
Gigabyte K8v ultra 939 M/board
Amd Athlon 64 3700+
Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs
2.00 GB of Ram
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT

Yeah...PCI latency issue.

LOTS of posts in forums about it.

Read this:
http://www.geocities.com/phileosopho...cilatency.html

And finally this:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread....hreadid=121190

I used PCI Latency tool and set the Audigy to 64 and decreased the AGP
to 128 and it stopped it.

--
Conor