20/40 DLT drive install in a ML530 Server

Old November 29th 05, 04:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default 20/40 DLT drive install in a ML530 Server

Good Day,

I hope someone out there can help me out here. I have a ML530 I believe
it's a G1 or original ML530 server (It is not a G2). The system came with a
20/40 DLT internal Tape drive which is connected to the internal SCSI
connecter. The DLT drive went south and I just got a new one by using the
SP number that Compaq gave me from a third party source. So from what HP
said it should just slip right in since it's the same exact model.

FYI: The server also has a 5300 Raid Controller but I am positive that the
tape drive is not connected to this

The new one doesn't have any rails it's just a plain box. I have not tried
to take out the other unit yet and would like advise on the best way of
doing so without the least bit of trouble. Does this unit just pop out like
a Hard drive and then you pop the new one in or do you have to open the
entire unit and slide it out by unhooking the SCSI cables. Any info would
be of great help before I start this project.

Thank You
Adam Raff

Old November 29th 05, 09:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

A good starting place would be he

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/s...30/index2.html

Then, open the PDF that says "Setup and Install" from the downloadables
thing on the left:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinfo...139006-001.pdf

Then navigate to Figure 2-11 (page 37 of 171) to see how to access the
removalble media bay. Once the old drive is removed, you will need to remove
the brackets and put them on the new drive you are putting in the system.

Hope that helps ...

- LC

news

Hard Drive Temperature Nehmo General 36 October 27th 05 12:35 AM
Win XP doesn't like a second hard drive! N9WOS General 9 January 6th 05 02:10 AM
P4P800 Dlx W2K new SATA? Ken Fox Asus Motherboards 8 January 7th 04 03:45 PM
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit,Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new! TEL Intel 0 January 1st 04 07:25 PM