800 Motherboard in 2500 Tower

Old December 9th 04, 08:46 PM
Jeffrey Alsip

Default 800 Motherboard in 2500 Tower

I have been considering the possibility of dropping the motherboard
from a Proliant 800 into an empty Proliant 2500 tower case. It looks
like everything will fit just fine. Does anybody see any potential
problems with this?

Old December 10th 04, 06:09 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

There are 3 components you will need. The 800 I/O board, the interconnector
board (where your power connects up, and which bridges the CPU/Mem board and
I/O board), and your 800 Processor board. I have never tried this, but have
personally speculated that since the 2500/1600/800 series are for the most
part (there are some execptions) designed identically, that it should be
doable. Just make sure that your power connectors from the 2500 are
compatable with those of the 800 interconnect board.

- LC

ups.com...

Old December 10th 04, 11:37 PM
Jeffrey Alsip

I think I do have all of the parts, but I haven't looked too closely at
the power connector yet. I was fortunate to get two complete sets of
the 800 parts (500M processors included!) on an ebay auction for $5.10.
I will certainly let you know how it turns out. I probably don't need
to mention that the jump from PPro's to PIII's will be a very big deal!

Motherboard for P4. MS Homebuilt PC's 76 August 2nd 04 10:14 PM
Pentium 4 2.4 temperatures Lou Pratt Homebuilt PC's 6 August 29th 03 01:17 AM
Can my Motherboard make a Router Disapear? Tintax Homebuilt PC's 13 August 25th 03 10:19 PM
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard Questions Vincent Poy Asus Motherboards 9 July 24th 03 12:45 AM
W2000 motherboard switch? Michael Volow Homebuilt PC's 1 July 8th 03 08:02 PM