Tweaking Doom3

Old August 10th 04, 06:37 PM
orlando

Default Tweaking Doom3

http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FPSVisuals.htm

I followed the instructions there (i didnt creat an autoexec.cfg though,
i just pasted the tweak into base/Doomconfig.cfg) my performance jumped
from 13 to 40 fps (800*60,High Quality) (!!!)

Sys:XP@2Ghz,256MB DDR@266Mhz,GF4 ti4400@300/650

inredible! Try it!
Old August 10th 04, 07:00 PM
Eric

I wouldn't do it, unless you have low level vid card/CPU. I don't want to
compromise visual quality. Doom3 is all about visual quality.

Old August 10th 04, 07:48 PM
Granulated

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:00:00 -0400 "Eric" meeped :

I wouldn't do it, unless you have low level vid card/CPU. I don't want to
compromise visual quality. Doom3 is all about visual quality.

yeh...doesn't it look...well..weird...without bumps.

--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

Old August 15th 04, 08:59 PM
First of One

Anyone serious about play Doom3 online will probably turn off bumpmapping
and all the shadows. :-) For one thing, it should improve performance
dramatically. It also removes all the dark ambush spots.

Old August 15th 04, 09:14 PM
PRIVATE1964

Anyone serious about play Doom3 online will probably turn off bumpmapping

Without bumps though wouldn't life be boring?
Old August 15th 04, 10:54 PM
Biz

"PRIVATE1964" wrote in message
Anyone serious about play Doom3 online will probably turn off bumpmapping

Without bumps though wouldn't life be boring?

Unfortunately the sad fact remains that online players are looking for one
thing, a way to get any advantage possible over the other online players.
They couldnt care less about PQ online.

Old August 10th 04, 09:17 PM
McGrandpa

orlando wrote:
http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FPSVisuals.htm

I followed the instructions there (i didnt creat an autoexec.cfg
though, i just pasted the tweak into base/Doomconfig.cfg) my
performance jumped from 13 to 40 fps (800*60,High Quality) (!!!)

Sys:XP@2Ghz,256MB DDR@266Mhz,GF4 ti4400@300/650

inredible! Try it!

I just discovered last night that if I don't put some things in an
autoexec.cfg then Doom often edits and excises certain entries. Like
seta com_allowConsole "1" gets removed from Doomconfig.cfg but stays put
in the autoexec.cfg

It's also easier to tweakruntweakrun keeping the autoexec open and
editing that, it's got a lot less in it.
McG.