Epson R300 or... else.

Old February 3rd 05, 12:44 AM
latet

I have almost spent my first set of cartridges and am so far very happy
with the results, I printed an 8X10 from a negative scan that is

How many pictures (and other things) have you printed to this point?
How exactly does the soft show ink levels?

I know that colors can be even better than on lab prints,
but is sharpness really as good as on... let's say Fuji Frontier labs?

Thanks,

latet

Old February 3rd 05, 12:47 AM
latet

Sorry to enter the conversation, but I just bought a R300 and I'm
wondering
what is the brand of the compatible cartridges you're using that are so
cheap?

And I'm wondering - what if I have two sets of cartridges,
original, and cheap, what kind of containers can I use to
keep the cartridges that are not in the printer? I mean -
- not to let them dry out.

Thanks,

latet

Old February 3rd 05, 12:59 AM
John H.

latet wrote:
Sorry to enter the conversation, but I just bought a R300 and I'm
wondering
what is the brand of the compatible cartridges you're using that are so
cheap?

And I'm wondering - what if I have two sets of cartridges,
original, and cheap, what kind of containers can I use to
keep the cartridges that are not in the printer? I mean -
- not to let them dry out.

Thanks,
You Can keep them in ziplock bags.keep them cool.
latet

--

* Magic Is Believing In Yourself*

*if you can do that*

* You Can Make Anything Happen *

Old February 3rd 05, 01:09 AM
Pinky & Perky ham it up

"Harvey" wrote in message

I'm trying the IMJET carts at the moment in my R200 - and apart from the
rather alarming gurgle of ink when the air seal tape is removed they seem
to work fine, and at less then £10 for a complete set they're a bargain.

Agreed - where are you getting them for a tenner?

Old February 3rd 05, 01:13 AM
Pinky & Perky ham it up

"Tojo" wrote in message
Don't forget that, whichever model you choose, compatible cartridges are

now
down to £2 each (price on local Sunday market) - I've used about a dozen
sets so far with no clogging and print quality that is only fractionally
lower than genuine Epson ink.

Sorry to enter the conversation, but I just bought a R300 and I'm
wondering
what is the brand of the compatible cartridges you're using that are so
cheap? Can you tell me that, please?

Thanks,
TJ

I've used several brands - all from a local market.

All have been good, but lately I've been using the IMjet ones that Harvey
posted a link for.

Since his source is cheaper, I'll be ordering from there in the future.

Don't hesitate to use the cheap ink - it's really good and I've never had a
problem (except one - not IMjet - that had a chip failure and couldn't be
recognised by the printer)

Old February 3rd 05, 09:31 AM
latet

Don't hesitate to use the cheap ink - it's really good and I've never had
a problem (except one - not IMjet - that had a chip failure and couldn't
be recognised by the printer)

Chip failure? Don't you buy just ink containers (not the whole head)
for Epson printers?

I've heard from an experienced R300 user that bad cheap ink
can dry out easier - and the printing head (which is not replacable)
may get stuck. Is that possible? What then?

Thanks,

latet

Old February 3rd 05, 03:48 PM
Glen S

latet wrote:
I have almost spent my first set of cartridges and am so far very happy
with the results, I printed an 8X10 from a negative scan that is

How many pictures (and other things) have you printed to this point?
How exactly does the soft show ink levels?

I know that colors can be even better than on lab prints,
but is sharpness really as good as on... let's say Fuji Frontier labs?

Thanks,

latet

I'm not sure how many pictures I have done to date, but my yellow ink
just fell below the 20% mark and the printer has the option of warning
you when this happens. The inks have gone down fairly evenly and I've
already picked another set off of ebay for about 60C$. I havent decided
if I am going to try good quality compatibles yet or not. The ink
levels show up in the printer status window with every print job, so you
always know where you are at. Very good compared to my old stylus 400 in
any case.

Not familiar with the lab prints you mentioned, but the sharpness is
equal to any I've had done in labs, mind you I havent had anything done
in a real "high end" lab in years so...

My first 8X10 I did from my negative scan I accidentally did in photo,
not best photo mode, it spit the picture out in no time flat and even
then I had to get real close to see the dots, in a frame on a wall it
would not even be noticeable. When I did it in best photo mode, with the
high speed still turned on, it is virtually perfect, I think with a
magnifying glass I could see the dots, but difficult to impossible just
looking at it.
Old February 3rd 05, 06:24 PM
Peter Seddon

yup R300 is more robust than the R200, R200 remids me of low end
lexmark build quality

The ink carts and heads are the same I can't comment on the build
quality, I run an R300, got it before the 200 came out. I've been very
satified with it. I pay £1.49 +vat for carts BUT you only get a small
quantity of ink in them, not the 30 ml of a genuine Epson, but it still
works out cheaper, just not as cheap as you think.

----------------------------

I've been paying £2 each at a local market - where do you get yours? -
online? (it would save traipsing off to the market on cold wet days)

Burn media on the net. The price was for 5 plus of each

Peter.

Old February 3rd 05, 10:08 PM
latet

Is it safe for Epson R300 to print continuously
for many hours (for example: 500 pages with text and some color graphisc)?
Won't it overheat or something?

I'm going to buy R300 to print 20-30 photos per month
(for my own private use),
but... a friend just asked me if I would be able to print
a couple of hundreds pages for him from time to time.
He would pay me for the ink, so this is no problem,
but what about the printer?

What is the recomended maximum of pages per month?
Is there a known safe max. of pages in a row?

Thanks,

latet

Old February 3rd 05, 10:13 PM
latet

Overseas both of these printers can print on CDs but not in the US.

Interesting. Do you know why?
Thanks,

latet