CANON: DESIGNED TO FAIL by a dishonest company

Old December 16th 04, 02:51 PM
Dan G

whining snipped

You really need to get a life. Printers are disposable, everyone know that.
Move on.

Old December 16th 04, 02:57 PM
Jerry

Dan G wrote:

whining snipped

You really need to get a life. Printers are disposable, everyone know that.
Move on.

After 5 years a printer becomes obsolete.

Old December 16th 04, 07:02 PM
GP

Dan G wrote:
whining snipped

You really need to get a life. Printers are disposable, everyone know that.
Move on.

A 550$ printer is disposable? I'm sure some HP Deskjet have printed easily 10
times as many pages without a glitch.

You move on, Canon is crap!

GP

Old December 16th 04, 07:05 PM
GP

Jerry wrote:
Dan G wrote:

whining snipped

You really need to get a life. Printers are disposable, everyone know
that.
Move on.

After 5 years a printer becomes obsolete.

Really? Mine still did the job it had always done just before the last glitch
a few days ago: print!

GP

Old December 16th 04, 10:16 PM
Anoni Moose

I could possibly say that about a 17-th century ink pen that I have,
but I can't fault the manufacturer if they won't supply me a new nib
for it.

I think your postings have done the opposite of what your intent
seems to be. You are testifying to how fantastically long your
Canon printer has lasted. A lot longer that one might have imagined.

What I get from your posting is that if one wants long term reliability
from a printer, they should buy Canon!

Mike

Old December 16th 04, 10:47 PM
GP

Anoni Moose wrote:
I could possibly say that about a 17-th century ink pen that I have,
but I can't fault the manufacturer if they won't supply me a new nib
for it.

I think your postings have done the opposite of what your intent
seems to be. You are testifying to how fantastically long your
Canon printer has lasted. A lot longer that one might have imagined.

What I get from your posting is that if one wants long term reliability
from a printer, they should buy Canon!

What people get from your postings is that either you're a dumbbell or you're
a Canon troll. My BJ printer needed service 3 times for printing about one
tenth what some Deskjet 500 printers have printed without any trouble.

Your dammage control is harming Canon.

GP

Old December 16th 04, 11:27 PM
chuck

GP wrote:
Anoni Moose wrote:

I could possibly say that about a 17-th century ink pen that I have,
but I can't fault the manufacturer if they won't supply me a new nib
for it.

I think your postings have done the opposite of what your intent
seems to be. You are testifying to how fantastically long your
Canon printer has lasted. A lot longer that one might have imagined.

What I get from your posting is that if one wants long term reliability
from a printer, they should buy Canon!

What people get from your postings is that either you're a dumbbell or
you're a Canon troll. My BJ printer needed service 3 times for printing
about one tenth what some Deskjet 500 printers have printed without any
trouble.

Your dammage control is harming Canon.

GP

then why didn't you buy an hp at the time? seems like you are just not
gonna
be happy with anything you buy. how long does something have to last before
you are happy with it? From reading some of you posts, it seems like
they did
what they could for you and you are just not happy with that. so now
its back
to you and i guess your are just sitting at your computer waiting to respond
to people here. I bet for the next few weeks, you are gonna be working on
this problem. I hope you have a lot of free time, otherwise it just seems
like a waste when you got 15 years of service out of it.
Old December 16th 04, 11:33 PM
chuck

then why didn't you buy an hp at the time? seems like you are just not
gonna
be happy with anything you buy. how long does something have to last
before
you are happy with it? From reading some of you posts, it seems like
they did
what they could for you and you are just not happy with that. so now
its back
to you and i guess your are just sitting at your computer waiting to
respond
to people here. I bet for the next few weeks, you are gonna be working on
this problem. I hope you have a lot of free time, otherwise it just seems
like a waste when you got 15 years of service out of it.

I just had this thought that this is gonna set you off to develop the
perfect
printer. At least in Texas, there is this commercial on tv of this
English guy
that wasn't happy with the vacuum cleaner he had, it kept getting clogged.
So he spent 10 years, and 10,000 prototypes later, he had a vacuum cleaner
that " didn't do suction " so wouldn't get clogged.
Old December 16th 04, 11:57 PM
Dan G

LOL
I love Canons, they are by far the cheapest to operate. The cost of the
printer is irrelevant, it's the cost per page that makes it a value or not.
My Canon S750 printed 10's of thousands of pages, and ink costs were about
$50 for all of that. (I refill). So when the head finally died, I was not at
all upset, it was an excuse to buy a new PIXMA, which is a way better
printer and uses the same cheap ink!! 15 years ago, $500 was a "cheap"
printer, and given the relatively low quality that such a printer puts out,
seeing it die should be a relief.

Old December 17th 04, 12:40 AM
GP

chuck wrote:

then why didn't you buy an hp at the time?

Because Canon's prints were slightly better better and I had no idea of the
relative reliability of both prodcts and about Canon's dishonesty .

seems like you are just not
gonna be happy with anything you buy.

Where do you get that from dumbbell? What's your source?

I usually take quite a lot of time before buying a product and am usually
satisfied with the products I buy.

how long does something have to last
before
you are happy with it?

I already answered this.

From reading some of you posts, it seems like
they did
what they could for you and you

You mean like absolutely refusing to tell me where that little sponge in the
purge unit was, dumbbell?

are just not happy with that. so now
I bet for the next few weeks, you are gonna be working on
this problem.

Soon, for the next few /years/, I'll have everything I need to cut and paste.
References at Google's, etc.

****, I can't believe this. Canon would have no interest in me repeating the
story on how full of **** they are, refusing to give the plainest explanations
to grab their customer's money.

HP troll maybe...

GP

canon i960 chuck clark Printers 2 December 4th 03 07:01 PM
Canon driver, Photoshop and ColorSync ? Paul Printers 0 November 14th 03 11:08 PM
Canon i560 - Hello Canon GoodBye HP john Printers 0 September 14th 03 11:57 AM
canon s820 printhead clogged AGAIN (3rd time in 6 months!) spamkiller Printers 0 September 12th 03 03:23 AM
Epson Photo 830 or Canon i550 hm Printers 21 August 3rd 03 01:55 AM