- Sick and tired of waiting for non-SLI nforce4 board...

Old February 25th 05, 06:55 PM
Jon J. Yeager

Default - Sick and tired of waiting for non-SLI nforce4 board...

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but...

The A8N-SLI is out in Deluxe and non-Deluxe formats. The A8N-E, however, was
supposed to be the non-SLI alternative, and keeps getting postponed...

I'm loyal to Asus but not to the point of overkill by purchasing the SLI
Deluxe, which happens to be the only nForce4 Asus motherboard available
where I live. I simply do not need 2 graphics cards to be happy, as much as
Asus would like to create that need for us.

Does anyone have any clue when an Asus non-SLI alternative will come out,
before I give up the wait and go ABIT? I've literally been waiting after
this board to purchase my new computer, for over 4 months now...

Thanks.

Old February 25th 05, 11:12 PM
Rüdiger Wenzel

Jon J. Yeager wrote:

The A8N-SLI is out in Deluxe and non-Deluxe formats. The A8N-E, however,
was supposed to be the non-SLI alternative, and keeps getting postponed...

I'm loyal to Asus but not to the point of overkill by purchasing the SLI
Deluxe,

According to Asus Germany, the SLI isn't more expensive than the A8N-E will
be. And here in Germany the non-SLI type A8V-E Deluxe with VIA K8T890
chipset has exactly the same price as the A8N-SLI (139 Euro at
www.alternate.de -and it's listed to be available with 24h).
I've tested the SLI-board and found it working great with WinXP - but not
with Linux (Mandrakelinux 10.1 and SuSE 9.2).

--
Rüdiger
Old February 26th 05, 06:22 AM
LostSoul

Actually ive used and built abit boards for years. An am going for the
fatality an8 i beleive its called. An a good 90 nano-meter winchester at the
highest clock i can get. An im also waiting for ati's new 512 meg videocard
pci e. As for asus unless ati makes use of dual cards i dont need no
stinking sli either as im ati type a guy. lol An as for ati im waiting down
the road further to see another ati single card solution with dual Gpus
happen An it will lol an with 512 of memmory or more mwhahaha

Old February 26th 05, 09:19 AM
Malcolm Clark

Yup, I've been waiting just as long, then finally last week, the SLI board
was on special offer, priced substantially less than the list price for the
non-SLI board, so I thought what's the point in waiting?

Got it, only using one graphic card, don't suppose I will ever use two, but
at least the facility is there if I need it.

What's the point in waiting longer, for a board which will offer less, but
cost more?

. ..

Old February 26th 05, 02:29 PM
joe~V~3838

Hey Jon, I agree with you, I've been waiting for the N4 ultra=20
mb's to get out in retail too. A friend and I are also disappointed
in all the first release SLI mbs... I guess Nvidia wanted to sell
as many as they could before they made the N4 ultras hit the
market in force.........
I'm going to wait a few more weeks and then go by some
N4 utra board...... Leaning towards the Msi K8N Neo4 Plat.
or DFI Lanparty UT Ultra D mb.........

good luck

joe
"Jon J. Yeager" wrote in message =
. ..
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but...
=20
The A8N-SLI is out in Deluxe and non-Deluxe formats. The A8N-E, =

however, was=20
supposed to be the non-SLI alternative, and keeps getting postponed...
=20
I'm loyal to Asus but not to the point of overkill by purchasing the =

SLI=20
Deluxe, which happens to be the only nForce4 Asus motherboard =

available=20
where I live. I simply do not need 2 graphics cards to be happy, as =

much as=20
Asus would like to create that need for us.
=20
Does anyone have any clue when an Asus non-SLI alternative will come =

out,=20
before I give up the wait and go ABIT? I've literally been waiting =

after=20
this board to purchase my new computer, for over 4 months now...
=20
Thanks.=20
=20
=20