I am tired buying Ink Cartridges

Old April 16th 07, 04:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Talal Itani

Default I am tired buying Ink Cartridges

"Burt" wrote in message
. ..

"Talal Itani" wrote in message

Thanks Burt. What you gave me is interesting information. My printer is
a i850. I am happy with it, it prints well, so far I only bought Canon
cartridges. Yet when new products come to the market, I feel as if I am
missing something I should not be missing. I do not care about fade
resistance, so, from your post, I concluded that I should keep my
printer, especially, that I now plan to refill my cartridges.

(snip)

Talal - if you want to refill your carts you can do so for about $1 US per
cart. I use MIS inks, others have used hobbicolors or Formulabs (from
Alotofthings) very successfully. Go onto the Nifty-stuff Forum, check in,
and read all info regarding sealing the fill hole, and other threads on
refilling. All the web sites of the inks I mentioned have instructions on
how to refill the bci-6 and bci-3ebk carts. The first few times will be
somewhat messy and slow until you get the hang of it. Lots of tips and
tricks on the Nifty-stuff Forum.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

Thanks Burt. Another Newsgroup friend also recommended the MIS inks, so I
think I will use them. Do you recommend that I do the refilling, or to buy
after-market pre-filled cartridges? I will also put this question in new
thread. Thank you for all your help.

Old April 16th 07, 04:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Talal Itani

Default which after-market ink for canon i850?

I want to start using after-market ink for my canon i850 printer, which uses
series 3 ink. Two companies were recommended to me: MIS and AlotOfThings.
I do not know if I should fill my cartridges, or buy pre-filled cartridges.
Please tell me about your expreience with this. Thank you very much.

Talal ITani

Old April 16th 07, 04:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Talal Itani" wrote in message

"Burt" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

If you refill yourself you will know what ink is in the carts. Vendors of
prefilled carts could possibly change inks and you wouldn't know it. Also,
once you have refilled a set of carts and found the ink to be satisfactory,
the rest of the ink in the bottles from which you refilled are absolutely a
known quality, and you will then be assured of uniform results.

Old April 16th 07, 07:05 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Talal Itani

"Burt" wrote in message

"Talal Itani" wrote in message

"Burt" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Ok, thanks. I conclude from your post that the MIS ink is a good quality
ink. If that is the case, I will order some. I think I also need to order
the kit.

Old April 16th 07, 03:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mickey

Talal Itani wrote:

Ok, thanks. I conclude from your post that the MIS ink is a good quality
ink. If that is the case, I will order some. I think I also need to order
the kit.

Another long term satisfied MIS customer here. I think you will find
the prefilled carts you buy from MIS doesn't have the same ink as they
sell in bulk. At least they weren't when I started buying ink from them.

Mickey
Old April 16th 07, 05:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Now you have a big decision. You see the ink that is in the prefilled
carts is not the same that they sell for refill. They will not disclose
what they are selling so it is impossible for you to know what you are
buying. And nobody will be able to tell you either. Since the vendors
you listed (I have found one to be unprofessional and so have others)
are just refillers you will not find a statistical sample of users to
get any feel on what to buy. And each order you get may not be from the
same real supplier as the one previous.

You gain price but loose consistency.

Old April 16th 07, 05:19 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Just like I said, with all of the relabelers you do not really know what
you are buying because they will not tell you. I do not want anybody to
take my word for it. Here is what to do:

Go to 6 of the relabelers websites and see if they predominately
ddisplay who the ink mfg/formulator is. Also see if the name is on the
package.

Then call each one and ask them

Whose ink do you sell. Who is the ink mfg/formulator that you are selling?

Also ask Do you sell the same ink in bulk and in carts?

Then ask How can I be assured that I get the same ink each time I order
and that you will not change suppliers.

I do not think you will get a satisfactory answer as that is what I
did. I too wanted to save money and find some ink that I could track.
I figured that is a generic mfg/formulator would sell bulk or preferable
prefilled carts with their name in all venues like Costco, Staples and
online stores then they would have a huge following and one would be
able to read enough reviews to determine if they would clog the
printhead, have reasonable longevity, and produce decent quality on a
variety of papers.

I still have not found that so I am paying the high price for Canon.
Now the users who use Epson pigmented ink have even a greater problem
since pigmented ink has a higher tgendancy to clog printheads.

Old April 21st 07, 04:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Talal Itani

alotofthings sells ProColor cartridges, pre-filled. Are they good?

"Dan G" wrote in message
. ..
Drop on by www.alotofthings.com and pick up some "ProColor" brand
compatible
tanks. They are very good, and also easy to refill.
I would avoid over-the-counter refill kits like the plague. If you like
the
compatible inks, you can also buy bulk ink and refill kits at
Alotofthings,
the ink is top quality.

"Talal Itani" wrote in message
newsRxTh.3252$ok6.918@trnddc07...
Dear Friends,

I have a Canon i850 inkjet printer. I use it to print color brochures.
buy Canon ink cartridges. The quality of the print is excellent on good
quality paper. The only drawback is the price of ink cartridges. Costco
sells an ink kit, for filling cartridges. In the past I shied away from
that route, but now I am more and more tempted, because I have to reduce

my
cost. Have you used the Costco ink kit, or similar kits? Do you

recommend
them? Thanks a bunch.

Talal Itani.

Old April 21st 07, 05:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

You do not know what is in them and they will not tell you so the
question is impossible to answer. Call them up and ask them the BRAND
(THE FORMULATOR) of ink that is in them. If they tell you then you can
do some research to find where is falls on the quality non quality chain
but if they will not tell you than beware.

Talal Itani wrote:
alotofthings sells ProColor cartridges, pre-filled. Are they good?

. ..

Old April 25th 07, 04:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Sam Louis

You really should go for ip4300. I got one. It's the fastest text printer
I have ever seen yet its text quality is second to none. As someone noted
at $59.95 after rebate the price is also the best. Its text printing performance
will really impress you.

Although the cartridges are chipped it does not prevent you from using 3rd
party inks. I have been using 3rd party refill ink for my ip4300 from an
eBay seller called Hobbicolors. They provide a set of very interesting plugs,
with a few spares, and instruct you how to drill an ink fill hole on the top of
the ink tank. The plugs they supply makes re-sealing so easy and effective.
I have searched other 3rd party ink suppliers' sites. I have not found anyone
providing anything similar at all. Basically their plugs have a enlarged head on
them. They seal the ink fill hole extremely well and easy.

I paid only $16.95 for a set of refill ink with 2 syringes and a set of plugs
with a few spares. With this kit from Hobbicolors my ip4300 has been a super
cheap printer yet its printing quality is 2nd to none. You will not regret it
for getting this printer. You won't spend a fortune in the inks if you use
3rd party inks.

HP printers have good text printing quality too. But I have not seen one that
matches ip4300's speed. The greatest advantage of using this printer is this
3rd party supplier Hobbicolors on eBay. For $16.95, just about for an OEM
PGI-5 cart, Hobbicolors ink supplied me more than a few months of printing.
I am sure you will find other 3rd party suppliers too. You really can't go wrong
to go for a Canon ip4300. You will never need to buy OEM carts any more.

Talal Itani wrote:
alotofthings sells ProColor cartridges, pre-filled. Are they good?

. ..

Buying Cartridges Patscga Printers 2 January 8th 05 03:15 AM
Tired of Tape, Please Help!!!!!!!!! NetworkGuy General 1 August 19th 04 05:10 AM
Tired of Tape, Please Help!!!!!!!!! NetworkGuy General 0 August 19th 04 01:06 AM
Tired of Tape, Please Help!!!!!!!!! NetworkGuy General 0 August 19th 04 01:05 AM
Thinking about Color Laser, tired of high cost inkjet cartridges Rafe B. Printers 1 June 29th 03 05:26 AM