I am tired buying Ink Cartridges

Old April 15th 07, 06:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Talal Itani

Default I am tired buying Ink Cartridges

"Whomever" wrote in message
"measekite" wrote in message

Talal Itani wrote:
Dear Friends,

I have a Canon i850 inkjet printer. I use it to print color brochures.
I buy Canon ink cartridges. The quality of the print is excellent on
good quality paper. The only drawback is the price of ink cartridges.
Costco sells an ink kit, for filling cartridges.

My Costco no longer carries that generic poor quality printhead clogging
junk. The supervisor told me they had too many complaints. There is
nothing except Canon that is any good and does not risk clogging your
head.

And yes it does cost too much. You may have a chance to upgrade your
printer to a Canon IP4300 for less than the price of replacement ink
carts. Frys had it on sale after rebate for $59.95. The ink is more
advanced than what you are using now, the printer is faster, has twin
paper inputs and can automatically print duplex. And if you also want to
do photos it is oneof the best.

He complaining about the cost of ink for an i850 and you want him to buy a
printer whose ink cartridges cost $3.00 more then the ones he buys now?

I took the advise. I will buy the IP4300. The ink will cost even more. I
will complain even more.

Old April 15th 07, 07:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Talal Itani" wrote in message

(snip)

I took the advise. I will buy the IP4300. The ink will cost even more.
I will complain even more.

Talal - the ip4300 is a very good printer. BUT---it uses chipped cartridges
that are more expensive than the previous generation of printers. If you
refill the carts you lose the ink monitoring system as Canon turns it off.
The only aftermarket prefilled carts available require that you transfer the
chip from your original OEM cart to the aftermarket cart.

If your present printer is working well you have lots of alternatives with
refill bulk inks and aftermarket prefilled carts. The upgrade in the new
Canon inks has to do with more fade resistance. If your brochures do not
have to be archival quality, you don't need the increased fade resistance.
All of us who either refill our carts or buy prefilled aftermarket carts
will keep these older Canons running as long as possible before reluctantly
buying the newer Canons with the chipped carts.

The person you took advice from continually spews misinformation about
aftermarket inks and carts. He guides people toward the newest printers, in
part, because he tries to steer you away from saving money with refilling
your carts or buying aftermarket prefilled carts. With all his talk about
the newest technology and improved inks, he still uses an ip4000. It is a
good printer, but it uses the same inks and carts as your printer. If he
really believed in what he advises you to do he would be the first one at
Fry's door to buy the ip4300. He's all BS and no action!

Old April 15th 07, 11:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

"Talal Itani" wrote:
"Whomever" wrote in message
.. .
"measekite" wrote in message

Talal Itani wrote:
[...]

Trust Burt, he knows what he is tallking about.
Tony
Old April 15th 07, 02:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Talal Itani

Thanks Burt. What you gave me is interesting information. My printer is a
i850. I am happy with it, it prints well, so far I only bought Canon
cartridges. Yet when new products come to the market, I feel as if I am
missing something I should not be missing. I do not care about fade
resistance, so, from your post, I concluded that I should keep my printer,
especially, that I now plan to refill my cartridges.

(snip)

Old April 15th 07, 04:05 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dan G

Thanks Burt. What you gave me is interesting information. My printer is

i850. I am happy with it, it prints well, so far I only bought Canon
cartridges. Yet when new products come to the market, I feel as if I am
missing something I should not be missing. I do not care about fade
resistance, so, from your post, I concluded that I should keep my printer,
especially, that I now plan to refill my cartridges.

The IP4300 does have some features that you are missing, but for basic
printing your 850 is great. The 4300 does have improved head technology, and
can be modded to print on CD/DVD discs. But unless it has a particular
function that you desire, there's no reason to change. Simply moving to good
compatible tanks like ProColor will save you a bundle. The Procolor tanks
are also one of the best for re-filling. (better than Canon tanks).

Old April 15th 07, 06:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Whomever

"Talal Itani" wrote in message

Thanks Burt. What you gave me is interesting information. My printer is
a i850. I am happy with it, it prints well, so far I only bought Canon
cartridges. Yet when new products come to the market, I feel as if I am
missing something I should not be missing. I do not care about fade
resistance, so, from your post, I concluded that I should keep my printer,
especially, that I now plan to refill my cartridges.

I believe your i850 uses the same cartridges as my S520 and I get them on
ebay. I buy only the OEM cartridges and get them for almost half of retail.
And for what I print I am totally satisfied with my S520 and intend to use
it till it dies.

Old April 15th 07, 06:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Talal Itani wrote:
"Whomever" wrote in message

"measekite" wrote in message

Talal Itani wrote:

[...]

At least someone out there has a brain. There are places that sell
Canon ink at reduced prices and sometimes Staples has a discount if you
buy two. I do not know if the IP4300 gets better ink mileage than your
old printer but I am sure you will like the results. And if you wind up
also printing many photos the results are great.

The paper I use is Hammermill Prem InkJet. You can get that at Staples
and Office Depot.

On the photo side:

Costco sells a made for Costco Fiskars Rotary Paper Cutter for under
$30.00 that is great.

For Glossy = Costco Kirkland Full Sheet Glossy
Canon Photo Paper Pro
Epson Premium Glossy

Pearl

Ilford Gallerie Classic Pearl - Be sure to get Classic that has less
immediate fading than smooth but takes a day to dry

Matte

Epson heavy weight matte - I like this the best for enlargements and
every now and then Staples sells 2 packs of 8.5x11 for 1.

You should also go to an art store and get Krylon "Protectorent" Spray.
This will virtually water proof photos and allow you to frame them
without glass and still protect them against the elements like glass
does. It will help reduce fading as well.

I AM GLAD TO HELP YOU AND NEVER USE ANY INFERIOR INK. CANON IS THE BEST
BUT IT IS OVERPRICED. MAYB E SOME DAY AN INK FORMULATOR WILL DEVELOP A
HIGH QUALITY CHEAPER INK AND SELL IT UNDER THEIR OWN NAME IN ALL VENUES.

TODAY WE DO HAVE ONE. PANTONE.....THE PROBLEM IS IT COSTS EVEN MORE
THAN CANON.

Old April 15th 07, 06:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Tony wrote:
"Talal Itani" wrote:

"Whomever" wrote in message

"measekite" wrote in message

Talal Itani wrote:

[...]

He saw the logic and decided to buy a brand new Canon IP4300 and use
Canon ink for the best results. He does not want a mess and more headaches.
Old April 15th 07, 06:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Talal Itani wrote:
[...]

All one needs to do it read all of the posts over a period of time.
Most have to do will people who have problems with refilling and generic
carts. When printing text materials it is nice to have automatic duplex
and twin paper sources. I do plan on replacing my printer with a wide
format Canon printer and will continue to use Canon ink.

Old April 15th 07, 09:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Talal Itani" wrote in message

Thanks Burt. What you gave me is interesting information. My printer is
a i850. I am happy with it, it prints well, so far I only bought Canon
cartridges. Yet when new products come to the market, I feel as if I am
missing something I should not be missing. I do not care about fade
resistance, so, from your post, I concluded that I should keep my printer,
especially, that I now plan to refill my cartridges.

(snip)

Talal - if you want to refill your carts you can do so for about $1 US per
cart. I use MIS inks, others have used hobbicolors or Formulabs (from
Alotofthings) very successfully. Go onto the Nifty-stuff Forum, check in,
and read all info regarding sealing the fill hole, and other threads on
refilling. All the web sites of the inks I mentioned have instructions on
how to refill the bci-6 and bci-3ebk carts. The first few times will be
somewhat messy and slow until you get the hang of it. Lots of tips and
tricks on the Nifty-stuff Forum.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

Buying Cartridges Patscga Printers 2 January 8th 05 03:15 AM
Tired of Tape, Please Help!!!!!!!!! NetworkGuy General 1 August 19th 04 05:10 AM
Tired of Tape, Please Help!!!!!!!!! NetworkGuy General 0 August 19th 04 01:06 AM
Tired of Tape, Please Help!!!!!!!!! NetworkGuy General 0 August 19th 04 01:05 AM
Thinking about Color Laser, tired of high cost inkjet cartridges Rafe B. Printers 1 June 29th 03 05:26 AM