I am tired buying Ink Cartridges

Old April 12th 07, 10:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Talal Itani

Default I am tired buying Ink Cartridges

Dear Friends,

I have a Canon i850 inkjet printer. I use it to print color brochures. I
buy Canon ink cartridges. The quality of the print is excellent on good
quality paper. The only drawback is the price of ink cartridges. Costco
sells an ink kit, for filling cartridges. In the past I shied away from
that route, but now I am more and more tempted, because I have to reduce my
cost. Have you used the Costco ink kit, or similar kits? Do you recommend
them? Thanks a bunch.

Talal Itani.

Old April 13th 07, 12:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ron in NY

"Talal Itani" wrote:

Dear Friends,

I have a Canon i850 inkjet printer. I use it to print color brochures. I
buy Canon ink cartridges. The quality of the print is excellent on good
quality paper. The only drawback is the price of ink cartridges. Costco
sells an ink kit, for filling cartridges. In the past I shied away from
that route, but now I am more and more tempted, because I have to reduce my
cost. Have you used the Costco ink kit, or similar kits? Do you recommend
them? Thanks a bunch.

Talal Itani.

If it's a "one size fits all" kit, I would stay away from it. If it's specific
for that printer--OK. I use refill ink from MIS Associates--Have been using
their inks for over 10 years with no problems. Their website URL is

http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm

RON

Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Old April 13th 07, 12:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dan G

Drop on by www.alotofthings.com and pick up some "ProColor" brand compatible
tanks. They are very good, and also easy to refill.
I would avoid over-the-counter refill kits like the plague. If you like the
compatible inks, you can also buy bulk ink and refill kits at Alotofthings,
the ink is top quality.

newsRxTh.3252$ok6.918@trnddc07...

Old April 13th 07, 02:12 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Talal Itani wrote:
Dear Friends,

I have a Canon i850 inkjet printer. I use it to print color brochures. I
buy Canon ink cartridges. The quality of the print is excellent on good
quality paper. The only drawback is the price of ink cartridges. Costco
sells an ink kit, for filling cartridges.

My Costco no longer carries that generic poor quality printhead clogging
junk. The supervisor told me they had too many complaints. There is
nothing except Canon that is any good and does not risk clogging your head.

And yes it does cost too much. You may have a chance to upgrade your
printer to a Canon IP4300 for less than the price of replacement ink
carts. Frys had it on sale after rebate for $59.95. The ink is more
advanced than what you are using now, the printer is faster, has twin
paper inputs and can automatically print duplex. And if you also want
to do photos it is oneof the best.

Old April 13th 07, 02:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Ron in NY wrote:
"Talal Itani" wrote:

Dear Friends,

I have a Canon i850 inkjet printer. I use it to print color brochures. I
buy Canon ink cartridges. The quality of the print is excellent on good
quality paper. The only drawback is the price of ink cartridges. Costco
sells an ink kit, for filling cartridges. In the past I shied away from
that route, but now I am more and more tempted, because I have to reduce my
cost. Have you used the Costco ink kit, or similar kits? Do you recommend
them? Thanks a bunch.

Talal Itani.

If it's a "one size fits all" kit, I would stay away from it. If it's specific
for that printer--OK. I use refill ink from MIS Associates--Have been using

I would not go that route either. I called them and they would not tell
me what formulation they were selling. Nor would they guarantee that
each time you buy you would be getting the same thing. The only way you
get consistency is to buy Canon and pay the overpriced cost. You can
read many posts and horror stories about generic ink. I did not same
research but after calling many of the relabelers (thats what they
are...they buy in large bulk and refill and relabel the stuff often
failing to properly disclose that they are selling).

Formulabs is a company that makes its own ink but they do not sell carts
under their own name properly branded and packaged. If someone does
sell them they will not disclose that fact. And besides nobody really
knows if they are reasonable good. It was posted here that a few people
clogged the printhead with magenta.

Old April 13th 07, 02:22 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

I would never partonize them. I even read a few posts in the last
months about some poster having real problems. I cannot recall the
details. I wish there was an answer to the overpriced ink.

If Kodak ever gets their act together and develops a track record (so
far their scanner is having problems) and maintains the half pricer ink
carts then maybe Canon and Epson will get cheaper. In any event Kodak
does not offer individual color carts but one combination so when you
are out of 1 color you need to toss the rest.

Old April 13th 07, 03:40 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

Talal Itani wrote:
Dear Friends,

I have a Canon i850 inkjet printer. I use it to print color brochures. I
buy Canon ink cartridges. The quality of the print is excellent on good
quality paper. The only drawback is the price of ink cartridges. Costco
sells an ink kit, for filling cartridges. In the past I shied away from
that route, but now I am more and more tempted, because I have to reduce my
cost. Have you used the Costco ink kit, or similar kits? Do you recommend
them? Thanks a bunch.

Talal Itani.

Best advice is to go to:

www.alotofthings.com

and post your refill questions. There, you'll find all of the
information you want from people just like yourself who actually use
after market inks and carts. They're the experts on such matters!

One other thing in the form of a severe warning:
there is a certain "thing" in this ng that does not use a real humane
name but goes by the made up name of "measekite", which when loosely
translated from Greek means "one who knows nothing about anything", in
other words, an idiot!
And he/she/it continually post in this ng and tries to scare everyone
away from using after market inks, and then tries to sell you canons way
over-priced oem inks.
Can you believe it! What a NUM-NUTS this "THING" is.
Don't believe a word from this "thing" as we all know it does nothing
but LIE!
Frank
Old April 15th 07, 05:00 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Whomever

"measekite" wrote in message

Talal Itani wrote:
[...]

He complaining about the cost of ink for an i850 and you want him to buy a
printer whose ink cartridges cost $3.00 more then the ones he buys now?

Old April 15th 07, 06:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Nicolaas Hawkins

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 00:00:04 -0400, Whomever wrote
in :

"measekite" wrote in message

Talal Itani wrote:
[...]

Have in mind whom it is that you are talking to. He does not care about
such things as long as he can spread his propaganda and disinformation.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

.... Never mess up an apology with an excuse.
Old April 15th 07, 06:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Whomever" wrote in message
"measekite" wrote HIS USUAL NONSENSE in message

(snipped Measekite's biased, erronious diatribe)

He complaining about the cost of ink for an i850 and you want him to buy a
printer whose ink cartridges cost $3.00 more then the ones he buys now?

Measekite finally posted a shred of truth about the Costco generic ink
refill kits not being good quality aftermarket inks. These are the ones
branded as IMS. They were sold as universal inks for several brands of
printers. Although I have heard that they were, more often than not, a poor
color match for some printers, I never read of them clogging printers. I am
sure that the clerk with whom he spoke at Costco didn't have a clue as to
the specific complaints about this product. He simply said that there were
enough complaints that they stopped carrying the product.

That is the only bit of truth in MK's post. There are excellent aftermarket
inks that don't clog printers any more than their OEM counterparts and
provide excellent color response. One of MK's favorite attempts at his
twisted logic is to take one narrow specific bit of truth about one poor
quality aftermarket product and expand his argument to generalize about all
aftermarket inks. Does he really think he is convincing anyone here?????

Buying Cartridges Patscga Printers 2 January 8th 05 03:15 AM
Tired of Tape, Please Help!!!!!!!!! NetworkGuy General 1 August 19th 04 05:10 AM
Tired of Tape, Please Help!!!!!!!!! NetworkGuy General 0 August 19th 04 01:06 AM
Tired of Tape, Please Help!!!!!!!!! NetworkGuy General 0 August 19th 04 01:05 AM
Thinking about Color Laser, tired of high cost inkjet cartridges Rafe B. Printers 1 June 29th 03 05:26 AM