Hey Measekite let's do some math

Old October 29th 05, 07:33 PM
measekite

Default Hey Measekite let's do some math

zakezuke wrote:

Like I said the only drawback is this paper's poor handing/drying characteristics.

Yes, and the kirkland paper is somewhat waterfast. I've only done one
test of this and there was a bit of bleeding running a print under
water

NOT WITH CANON OEM INKS

but this could have been in part to it not being 100% dry. The
Canon PR-101 paper on the other hand I couldn't notice any bleeding,
but in all fairness it's been sitting on the sill since late june I
believe.

Old October 29th 05, 08:30 PM
zakezuke

not with canon oem inks

Actually.. yes with canon oem inks. I have oem ink in my other
printer.

Old October 29th 05, 08:54 PM
drc023

The inexpensive paper described by Taliesyn is a swellable polymer type of
paper. Canon Photo Paper Pro, Kirkland, Ilford (sold at Sam's), Office Depot
Professional, and any other papers identified as "instant dry" are
microporous. Microporous paper is highly resistant to water damage.
Swellable polymer has better fade resistance, but due to its gel coating has
absolutely no resistance to moisture.
--
Ron

"zakezuke" wrote in message
ups.com...
Like I said the only drawback is this paper's poor handing/drying
characteristics.

Yes, and the kirkland paper is somewhat waterfast. I've only done one
test of this and there was a bit of bleeding running a print under
water but this could have been in part to it not being 100% dry. The

Old October 29th 05, 09:35 PM
Taliesyn

Default Photo Papers (was: Hey Measekite let's do some math)

drc023 wrote:
The inexpensive paper described by Taliesyn is a swellable polymer type of
paper. Canon Photo Paper Pro, Kirkland, Ilford (sold at Sam's), Office Depot
Professional, and any other papers identified as "instant dry" are
microporous. Microporous paper is highly resistant to water damage.
Swellable polymer has better fade resistance, but due to its gel coating has
absolutely no resistance to moisture.

Precisely. I have it also from an eBay seller and this one is plastic
backed. Run it under warm water and ALL of the gel coating washes right
off and you're left with a spiffy sheet of white plastic that I don't
know what to do with. :-)

The polymer papers I have seem to print a "clearer" image. Don't know if
this is the rule or the luck of the draw.

-Taliesyn
Old October 29th 05, 09:35 PM
drc023

Canon photo inks are dye based as are all the third party photo inks. All of
them will bleed when exposed to moisture. Any moisture resistance is due
solely to the paper characteristics. On microporous papers, ink will not run
or bleed when exposed to moisture. On swellable polymer paper, ink will not
only bleed, the entire coating can be easily washed away with running water.
--
Ron

"measekite" wrote in message
m...

Old October 30th 05, 01:02 AM

Knightcrawler, Where can you get an IP4000 for $50 after rebate?

Old October 30th 05, 01:19 AM

Knightcrawler,

Where did you find an ip4000 for $50?

Thanks

Old October 30th 05, 01:37 PM
Knightcrawler

Sadly most of the deals for IPx000 Pixma's are gone. They had them during
spring and summer by me. Now the only ones I see are on the deals and steals
table. You might get lucky and get one at close out.

They shelf now has the new IP4200 and IP5200.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Knightcrawler, Where can you get an IP4000 for $50 after rebate?

Old October 30th 05, 07:05 PM
measekite

Default Photo Papers

Taliesyn wrote:

drc023 wrote:

The inexpensive paper described by Taliesyn is a swellable polymer
type of paper. Canon Photo Paper Pro, Kirkland, Ilford (sold at
Sam's), Office Depot Professional, and any other papers identified as
"instant dry" are microporous. Microporous paper is highly resistant
to water damage. Swellable polymer has better fade resistance, but
due to its gel coating has absolutely no resistance to moisture.

Precisely. I have it also from an eBay seller and this one is plastic
backed. Run it under warm water and ALL of the gel coating washes
right off and you're left with a spiffy sheet of white plastic that I
don't
know what to do with. :-)

The polymer papers I have seem to print a "clearer" image. Don't know if
this is the rule or the luck of the draw.

YOU CANNOT TELL ANYTHING CAUSE YOU DO NOT USE FACTORY INK

-Taliesyn

Please don't repsond to measekite your ruining my filter Knightcrawler Printers 18 October 24th 05 05:14 PM
measekite Tel Printers 20 June 19th 05 04:41 PM
Measekite - putting the story straight Papparazzi Printers 1 May 1st 05 02:26 PM
math co-processor Scott J. McCaughrin Intel 0 December 24th 04 03:49 AM
Floating point format for Intel math coprocessors Dave Hansen Intel 26 July 6th 03 10:22 AM