Hey Measekite let's do some math

Old October 28th 05, 06:25 AM
Knightcrawler

Default Hey Measekite let's do some math

I buy a Canon IP4000 for $50 after rebates. I have the option to refill or
use OEM.

The carts cost $12 each, I go through 4 black pigment carts and 8 carts of
each color. So 4 x $12 = $48 and 4 x $12 x 8 = $384

$384 + $48 = $432 of Canon OEM.

The Refill kit cost me $35 with shipping so: $432 - $35 = $397

So I have save almost $400 that is more then enough to buy another printer
or maybe a Athlon 64 3800 x2 !!!!!!!

Old October 28th 05, 06:36 AM
zakezuke

The Refill kit cost me $35 with shipping so: $432 - $35 = $397

I tried this with him before. Didn't work... he refuses to admit there
is a savings even though people like my self and others have already
used enough ink without clogging to justify the purchace of a new head
or a new printer without loss.

Where are you getting your refill kit from? I spent more for mine and
got less ink.

Old October 28th 05, 11:54 AM
Shooter

It was my impression that you advised others not to post or reply to this
person, so why have you had a change of heart.

.. .

Old October 28th 05, 12:59 PM
Impmon

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:54:19 +0000 (UTC), "Shooter"
wrote:

It was my impression that you advised others not to post or reply to this
person, so why have you had a change of heart.

If there isn't any occasional troll baiting, this NG would be about as
exciting as alt.erotica.hamster

Someone got to start a flame war with a resident troll. I admit
I've fed that troll a few times, he is fun when you tease him. Like
dangling a piece of string in front of a cat.
Old October 28th 05, 01:33 PM
Taliesyn

Knightcrawler wrote:
I buy a Canon IP4000 for $50 after rebates. I have the option to refill or
use OEM.

The carts cost $12 each, I go through 4 black pigment carts and 8 carts of
each color. So 4 x $12 = $48 and 4 x $12 x 8 = $384

$384 + $48 = $432 of Canon OEM.

The Refill kit cost me $35 with shipping so: $432 - $35 = $397

So I have save almost $400 that is more then enough to buy another printer
or maybe a Athlon 64 3800 x2 !!!!!!!

Don't waste your time on Measekite. No matter if you saved, say, the
exaggerated amount of $1,000,000 using a refill kit, he would still sing
you the same tired song: "BUT IT'LL CLOG YOUR PRINTHEAD" (ignoring the
fact that you're $999,900 ahead in the deal and ignoring the proven fact
that your risk of clogging is mostly based on how often you use your
printer and not the brand you use).

-Taliesyn
Old October 28th 05, 04:17 PM
Shooter

It's bad enough knowing this Troll is allowed to use this newsgroup but
quite unacceptable when he alters copyright in what others have written. You
are way of beam when you say occasional troll baiting, this guy is way out
of order, so if you are lookin for exciting perhaps you should stay with
alt.erotica.hamster or if you ever have a printer problem see your article
taken over by this moron.

Old October 28th 05, 04:58 PM
irwell

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:33:52 -0400, Taliesyn
wrote:

Knightcrawler wrote:
[...]

Whilst Measekit does go overboard on occassion there are some
truths in what he says. Clogged printheads are only part of the
problem, deteriotation of print quality is a very real possibility
even with some of the better second source suppliers.
Using the OEM cartrdiges and OEM paper is the only sure way
of obtaining consistent quality color prints.

This has just been brought home to me this week as I took
delivery of a Pixma ip6600d, previously I had been using
the Canon s820 with Carrotink cartridges, and off the
shelf glossy photo paper.
The supplied sample Canon Photo pro paper has churned out
prints that are superbly done.
Old October 28th 05, 07:23 PM
Frank

irwell wrote:

truths in what he says. Clogged printheads are only part of the
problem, deteriotation of print quality is a very real possibility
even with some of the better second source suppliers.
Using the OEM cartrdiges and OEM paper is the only sure way
of obtaining consistent quality color prints.

That is simply not true!

This has just been brought home to me this week as I took
delivery of a Pixma ip6600d, previously I had been using
the Canon s820 with Carrotink cartridges, and off the
shelf glossy photo paper.

The supplied sample Canon Photo pro paper has churned out
prints that are superbly done.

Well dud...do you think it has anything to do with the fact that the
ip6600d is simply a better newer photo printer than your old s820?
Frank
Old October 28th 05, 09:20 PM
irwell

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:23:33 -0700, Frank wrote:

irwell wrote:

truths in what he says. Clogged printheads are only part of the
problem, deteriotation of print quality is a very real possibility
even with some of the better second source suppliers.
Using the OEM cartrdiges and OEM paper is the only sure way
of obtaining consistent quality color prints.

That is simply not true!

It was for me, the trouble with using other supplies is hitting on
the right combination, in other words, you have to kiss a lot
of toads before you find the prince. Carrot ink cartridges seemed Ok
for while but then the quality fell off.

This has just been brought home to me this week as I took
delivery of a Pixma ip6600d, previously I had been using
the Canon s820 with Carrotink cartridges, and off the
shelf glossy photo paper.

The supplied sample Canon Photo pro paper has churned out
prints that are superbly done.

Well dud(?)No need for the insult, try to keep the debate on an adult level.

....do you think it has anything to do with the fact that the
ip6600d is simply a better newer photo printer than your old s820?
Frank

Off course it is, but the old S820 printed pretty good pics when new
using the OEM inks and paper. Trying to save a few cents by going the
secondary source gave mixed results, some were good, actually won a
couple of prizes at the local fair (not the acme of the photo world
for sure but the quality wasn't bad), but it fell off pretty rapidly.
Did all the cleaning etc., as recommended.

Old October 28th 05, 11:11 PM
Taliesyn

wrote:

Knightcrawler wrote:

[...]

Your use of "off the shelf" photo paper might actually be the difference
in this case. Some papers are slightly better, some much worse than
Canon Photo Paper Pro. For example, my dollar store paper (yes, 20 4x6
sheets for $1.00) actually gives a better printed result than Canon's
paper at the same settings. The only drawback to the dollar store paper
is that a full 24hrs is recommended for drying. It's quite fragile to
the touch and is destroyed by water droplet. But printouts are stunning.
Once framed they're not a problem.

-Taliesyn

Please don't repsond to measekite your ruining my filter Knightcrawler Printers 18 October 24th 05 05:14 PM
measekite Tel Printers 20 June 19th 05 04:41 PM
Measekite - putting the story straight Papparazzi Printers 1 May 1st 05 02:26 PM
math co-processor Scott J. McCaughrin Intel 0 December 24th 04 03:49 AM
Floating point format for Intel math coprocessors Dave Hansen Intel 26 July 6th 03 10:22 AM