Advice for semiprofessional printer to buy. Pls.

Old May 31st 05, 12:16 PM

In message .com,
Fabian writes
Hi all there,

What I have also not found good paper suppliers in Uk. Can you
recommend anyone? By having a paper supplier, I can also have a better
idea of which printer I need to buy.

Viking-direct would probably be a good place to start.

And what about the business cards format?
I was told that I need to use an A4 sheet precut to print business card
formats. Do these give professional results?

People like avery produce the precut business card sheets. I _think_
the print shops will print on card and then use a professional
guillotine to cut them.

Do we take it then that you are looking at opening a printing shop?

--
Timothy
Old May 31st 05, 05:05 PM

In message .com,
Fabian writes
wrote:
Viking-direct would probably be a good place to start.

I have contacted them and they sent me their catalog, but I have heard
of suppliers that send a sample of each type of paper the have
(coloured, glossy, matt, papyrus, special, etc). Are also Viking the
cheapest? I find them quite expensive.

With Viking you need to look at all their catalogues to find what you
want at their cheapest price. If you find them expensive who are you
finding cheaper?

No :-) printers I aim to buy are that professional?

No!

I believe I should have been a bit more expert if I wanted to have a
printing business.

Thats what I was going to say, if you had said yes, it was just that was
what I thought was being implied by the suggestions of printing cards
and brochures when orders start to come in.

--
Timothy
Old May 31st 05, 11:58 PM
Hecate

On 31 May 2005 04:45:00 -0700, "Fabian" wrote:

wrote:
Viking-direct would probably be a good place to start.

I have contacted them and they sent me their catalog, but I have heard
of suppliers that send a sample of each type of paper the have
(coloured, glossy, matt, papyrus, special, etc). Are also Viking the
cheapest? I find them quite expensive.

I've bought from Viking sometimes, but not for inkjet paper other
than for standard text printing.

For the type of printing you mention the best places to go are, for
example, MX2 (www.mx2.co.uk) On-Line Paper (www.on-linepaper.co.uk)
Papermill Direct (www.papermilldirect.co.uk).

--

Hecate - The Real One

Old June 2nd 05, 08:37 AM

In message .com,
Fabian writes
wrote:

With Viking you need to look at all their catalogues to find what you
want at their cheapest price. If you find them expensive who are you
finding cheaper?

Sorry it was Neat-idea. Actually I have not compared prices yet.

Sometimes they come up with decent things but then they argue about
delivery, Viking can manage free delivery to the Isle of Wight, but Neat
Ideas struggles with that.

--
Timothy
Old June 3rd 05, 10:08 AM

In message . com,
Fabian writes

wrote:

Sometimes they come up with decent things but then they argue about
delivery, Viking can manage free delivery to the Isle of Wight, but Neat
Ideas struggles with that.

Do you live in the Isle of Wight?? or is it just an example?

Both.

--
Timothy
Old June 4th 05, 08:50 PM
Fabian

Both.

Curious: I live in Soton. And have u got a prining biz there?

Fabian

Old June 6th 05, 08:24 AM

In message . com,
Fabian writes

wrote:

Both.

Curious: I live in Soton. And have u got a prining biz there?

No, wightproperty.com so I do a fair bit of printing, most of which
includes photos.

--
Timothy

If it ain't broke, fix it! GP Printers 10 December 28th 04 01:42 PM
epson 400 problem geepeetee Printers 5 November 28th 04 10:31 AM
I need advice on a color laser printer? Rich Printers 14 December 2nd 03 06:52 AM
Duplex Printer Advice Needed Ashley Printers 2 October 22nd 03 11:34 PM
Duplex Printer Advice Needed Ashley Printers 0 October 22nd 03 08:49 PM