overclocking ATI 7000 question

Old December 5th 03, 05:18 PM
Read

Default overclocking ATI 7000 question

I would like to get all I can from my ATI 7000 (aka VE). Currently I am
spanning two monitors at 3200x1200x16 bit while sometimes using a remote TV
wonder tuner.

While viewing a TV program in a window my mouse gets jerky, and the video
stops until I quit moving the mouse.

Is there some way to overclock the Radeon 7000 thru bios or other setting ?

Thanks anyone

Old December 5th 03, 02:25 AM
J.Clarke

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:18:25 GMT
"Read" wrote:

I would like to get all I can from my ATI 7000 (aka VE). Currently I
am spanning two monitors at 3200x1200x16 bit while sometimes using a
remote TV wonder tuner.

While viewing a TV program in a window my mouse gets jerky, and the
video stops until I quit moving the mouse.

Is there some way to overclock the Radeon 7000 thru bios or other
setting ?

I think you will find that it is your CPU that is the limitation and nto
the Radeon.

Thanks anyone

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old December 5th 03, 11:45 PM
Read

John, Thanks
My CPU is 2.6 mhz P4 with 1024 megs rdram, Win2000.
Task Manager reports with TV going ( and no other programs ) it's using
between 8-12 % of resouces.
At a lower resolution (1600 x1200-cloned screens) the card works A LOT
better so I'm thinking the 7000 is just maxed out at the high resolutuion.