Default language installation error with Nvidia driver 61.77 installation.

Old September 24th 04, 04:03 AM
Bob Bobsen

Hi all,
Had a rather irritating problem with my recent Video card upgrade and
new driver installation. I hope some one can help. I an running a
WinXP Pro SP2 (English) with a new Asus V9999 card and after d/l'ing
the new 61.77 drivers (in English, not the international version), I
installed them without any problems and when I restarted and went into
the Nvidia settings everything was in Danish! First, I should explain
I am an American living in Denmark, with a Danish keyboard, but all my
programs are in English. I tried reinstalling but with the same
results. Is there any tricks to getting it to install and display in
English?
Thanks in advance,
Bobsen
Old September 24th 04, 07:09 PM
CapFusion

"Bob Bobsen" wrote in message
Hi all,
Had a rather irritating problem with my recent Video card upgrade and
new driver installation. I hope some one can help. I an running a
WinXP Pro SP2 (English) with a new Asus V9999 card and after d/l'ing
the new 61.77 drivers (in English, not the international version), I
installed them without any problems and when I restarted and went into
the Nvidia settings everything was in Danish! First, I should explain
I am an American living in Denmark, with a Danish keyboard, but all my
programs are in English. I tried reinstalling but with the same
results. Is there any tricks to getting it to install and display in
English?
Thanks in advance,
Bobsen

You can try setting your Windows to United States as the regiion / location
eventhough you physically locate else where.
Regional and Language option should be in Control panel.
You also can set up English and Denish.

CapFusion,...

Old September 24th 04, 09:43 PM
Bob Bobsen

Hi,
Ok. Should I completly un install and then re install the drivers or
just copy over them?
Thanks in advace,
Bobsen
Old September 24th 04, 11:07 PM
CapFusion

"Bob Bobsen" wrote in message
Hi,
Ok. Should I completly un install and then re install the drivers or
just copy over them?
Thanks in advace,
Bobsen

Normal procedure is to uninstall then install something new / update.
For other or should I say more experience user, will install over the
previous driver. When problem come, this type of user should know howto get
themself out of this problem without any help / suggestion from other.wrink
/ wrink

CapFusion,...

Old September 25th 04, 05:48 AM
Bob Bobsen