8800 driver update weirdness

Old June 18th 08, 01:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
michael

Default 8800 driver update weirdness

a quick question.

decided to update to newest driver for my 8800 gt...when finished I was
unable to go online with dsl anymore. went back to restore point I set
before update and...shazaam! was able to get back on the internet!
google grouped and such but was unable to find anyone that had suffered such
weirdness. How are the two anywhere even close to causing a problem? I
wonder.

XPsp2
q6600 quad
4gig ram
nice, comfy desk chair

--

Photoshop Retouching & Digital Artwork
www.PixelKat.com

Old June 18th 08, 02:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"Michael" wrote in message
a quick question.

decided to update to newest driver for my 8800 gt...when finished I was
unable to go online with dsl anymore. went back to restore point I set
before update and...shazaam! was able to get back on the internet!
google grouped and such but was unable to find anyone that had suffered
such weirdness. How are the two anywhere even close to causing a problem?
I wonder.

XPsp2
q6600 quad
4gig ram
nice, comfy desk chair

Very odd. What's the driver you updated to? And where from?

Old June 18th 08, 02:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"Michael" wrote in message
It was 175.16 off of Nvidia's site

The 175.16's are noted by several posting here for being buggy and causing
various issues....never heard of your specific issue, but I'm sure it's out
there. As released these should never have been WHQL certified.

Old June 18th 08, 06:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Well, look at who's doing the certifying. Microsoft's track record doesn't
qualify them as a certifying authority.