3.8 drivers and ATI 9600 - Device Manager shows 4 monitors!!

Old October 15th 03, 04:43 AM
Don Enderton

Default 3.8 drivers and ATI 9600 - Device Manager shows 4 monitors!!

Why am I seeing two monitors of the model I use and two "default" monitors,
when I look in Device Manager?

When I look at Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor, there is a
monitor selection drop-down box at the top with the choice of my monitor on
the bottom and "default monitor" on the top; default monitor seems to be
preselected.

When I look at XP's System Information, I see two drivers, a primary and a
secondary.

Now I know this card and driver combination is supposed to support two
monitors (or one monitor and a TV) but why am I seeing TWO default monitors
and TWO of my model of monitor in device manager?

I tried uninstalling one of the extra monitors via device manager and
rebooting; mistake! Had to system restore to an earlier time to get any
picture back at all.

Old October 15th 03, 09:37 AM
Ben Pope

Don Enderton wrote:
Why am I seeing two monitors of the model I use and two "default"
monitors, when I look in Device Manager?

I get the same. I'm not sure I did on the very first install, only after I
updated the drivers. Not sure if thats driver dependant or not.

It doesn't seem to cause any problems for me, my primary display runs fine
at higher resolutions and the secondary works fine to the TV.

Ben