Call of Duty Demo Online now!

Old August 31st 03, 01:26 AM
Wayne Youngman

Default Call of Duty Demo Online now!

Hi,

dunno if some of you seen this already, but a playable demo of Call of Duty
is now availble online for download.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/callofduty/#filelist

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=3557

http://games.eof.net/index.php?inc=f.../misc&high=326

Wayne ][

Old August 31st 03, 02:09 AM
Cybrow

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:26:59 +0000 (UTC), "Wayne Youngman"
wrote:

Hi,

dunno if some of you seen this already, but a playable demo of Call of Duty
is now availble online for download.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/callofduty/#filelist

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=3557

http://games.eof.net/index.php?inc=f.../misc&high=326

Wayne ][

k00l, thanks Wayne, I'll give that sucker a spin around the block.
Old August 31st 03, 05:01 PM
Bill L

news
wrote:

Hi,

dunno if some of you seen this already, but a playable demo of Call of

Duty
is now availble online for download.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/callofduty/#filelist

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=3557

http://games.eof.net/index.php?inc=f.../misc&high=326

Wayne ][

k00l, thanks Wayne, I'll give that sucker a spin around the block.

If the demo's anything to go by the full game's a must have (just my opinion
of course ;o). Looks great on a 9700 np, XP 1700 (@ 2.2 Ghz) and Gigabyte -
7N400 Pro

Bill L

Old August 31st 03, 06:35 PM
ftran999

"Wayne Youngman" wrote in message
Hi,

dunno if some of you seen this already, but a playable demo of Call of

Duty
is now availble online for download.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/callofduty/#filelist

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=3557

http://games.eof.net/index.php?inc=f.../misc&high=326

Wayne ][

Thanks. When I first heard of this demo I thought to myself "Oh joy,
another WW2 game" (RTCW, MOHAA, BF1942) but after playing the demo my
opinion was turned around. If the full game is anything like the demo this
will argurably be one of the best WW2 games.
Apparantly there was some controversy regarding the release of this demo.
It appeared that the developers of the game were only going to release the
demo on certain exclusive site(s)(mostly likely a pay site). However, after
much protest from other sites they decided to release it universally.
Personally I glad this was the outcome I would hate to see a trend toward
demos only being made available on exclusive pay sites.

Old August 31st 03, 08:50 PM
Dark1

"ftran999" wrote in message
et...

[...]

doesn't really matter.. it would hit every P2P out there in minutes
anyway... and as long as it's a "free demo" ..well you know the rest..

Old September 1st 03, 03:31 AM
Mustafa Krap

The problem isn't because you set the detail to high, it's because you have
textures set to 32 bit, set them to 16 bit and all will be well, this is a
bug in the demo. Just completed the demo and can't wait for the full
product, I just hope it has full multiplayer features. Also looking forward
to MOH Breakout and capturing my first prisoner.

Rob.

"STE" wrote in message
Wayne Youngman wrote:
Hi,

dunno if some of you seen this already, but a playable demo of Call
of Duty is now availble online for download.

My 128MB 9800 Pro can't cope with textures set to High!!
I use a res of 1024*768, 4xAA 8xAnsi, and all the other game settings at
Maximum.
But with the main textures at High after a few seconds of play I get all
sorts of graphical wierdness (black textures everywhere, missing
textures, polygons all over the shop).
Oh good, my graphics card is out of date already :-(

Still, nice frame rate.

--
STE ;¬!

Old September 1st 03, 04:26 AM
STE

Mustafa Krap wrote:
The problem isn't because you set the detail to high, it's because
you have textures set to 32 bit, set them to 16 bit and all will be
well, this is a bug in the demo.

16 bit textures make no difference.
It actually says it the Call of Duty readme.html...

"4. Recommended Video Cards For General Textures Setting:
Video cards with 32MB of video RAM should only use the Low General
Textures setting
Video cards with 64MB or 128 MB of video RAM are able to use the Medium
General Textures setting.
Video cards with 256MB of video RAM are able to use the High General
Textures setting."

The march of technology...

--
STE ;¬!

Old September 1st 03, 06:53 AM
aep@nospam writeme.com

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 00:03:29 +0100, "STE"
wrote:

My 128MB 9800 Pro can't cope with textures set to High!!
I use a res of 1024*768, 4xAA 8xAnsi, and all the other game settings at
Maximum.
But with the main textures at High after a few seconds of play I get all
sorts of graphical wierdness (black textures everywhere, missing
textures, polygons all over the shop).
Oh good, my graphics card is out of date already :-(

My 128MB 9700 handles it fine, you need to use the 3.6 Catalyst
drivers with this demo.
--
Andrew
Old September 1st 03, 10:25 PM
JAD

thought I'd add:

everything on normal setting cept the sound -creative eax on a Audy 2 plat- sounds great
On high textures I lost intelligible video