Asus P4C800-E Deluxe 875p Chipset (Intel or Asus INF)

Old June 13th 04, 03:18 AM
Paul

Default Asus P4C800-E Deluxe 875p Chipset (Intel or Asus INF)

In article , NEM
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know which 875p Chipset Installation Utility, for installing
the Intel Chipset INFs, can be installed on a Asus P4C800-E Deluxe?

As near as I can tell, there are three versions currently available...

Asus Inf5021003.zip 5.0.2.1003 2003/10/20

Intel INF Update Utility [INFINST.EXE] 5.1.1.1002 12/12/2003

Guru3D Intel INF Update Utility 6.0.0.1014 2004-06-02

...and I am uncertain as to which one to use.

I used the 5.1.1.1002.

Maybe the 6.0.0.1014 is for 915/925 boards ?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06...od_grantsdale/
http://www.endian.net/details.asp?tag=Grantsdale

Paul
Old June 14th 04, 01:27 PM
Paul

In article , NEM
wrote:

Hi Paul,

On Jun 13 2004, Paul wrote:

Does anyone know which 875p Chipset Installation Utility, for
installing the Intel Chipset INFs, can be installed on a Asus
P4C800-E Deluxe?

As near as I can tell, there are three versions currently
available...

Asus Inf5021003.zip 5.0.2.1003 2003/10/20

Intel INF Update Utility [INFINST.EXE] 5.1.1.1002 12/12/2003

Guru3D Intel INF Update Utility 6.0.0.1014 2004-06-02

...and I am uncertain as to which one to use.

I used the 5.1.1.1002.

Any idea why Asus would not place v5.1.1.1002 on their download page for
the P4C800-E Deluxe after all this time? Or, instead, provide a direct
link to Intel? I suppose the P4C800-E Deluxe is slowly becoming
abandonware.

snip

If the 5.0.2.1003 is working properly, maybe there is no reason
to bother with 5.1.1.1002. Since the Intel INF supports a whole
slew of chipsets, there might not be any 875 specific updates
in there. Or, Asus has a testing process, and the new drivers
haven't passed inspection yet.

I generally try to find the latest drivers when installing,
as some hardware (like video cards) ships with stale buggy
drivers. My 9800 from ATI, for example, crashed on boot with
the drivers on the ATI CD, and this was fixed by downloading
the latest from ATI.

As for abandonware, I think of it as 'matureware", meaning
the BIOS development is finished, and I would hope to receive
a bug free product. Products frequently ship with incomplete
BIOS and sometimes the motherboard revision is changed, as
issues are worked out. Buying this late in the life cycle of
the board improves your chances of getting something
trouble free.

I would hate to be the first guy to test LGA775 sockets
and DDR2 memory.

Paul