Removing a hard drive from a 751n

Old September 8th 03, 11:40 AM
Perdita X. Dream

Default Removing a hard drive from a 751n

A client has brought me the above system and wants me to upgrade the HD
(from 40 to 120) - but I cannot see how to remove the old unit - is it
possible? The drives seem to be enclosed in some sort of 'cage', but it's
nothing like the 'cage' enclosing the drives in my Chieftec. There is
something marked 'TAB' which I can press which appears to 'unhook' the hard
drive bay from the one containing the CD-RW/DVD-ROM, but I'm stuck now; I've
undone all the screws I can see, but I can't get at the other side of the
bay to unscrew those - is it even possible, or do I return it to him and say
HPs (well, Pavilions at least) are impossible to upgrade (as far as drives
are concerned, anyway)?

--
Perdita X. Dream

Please help us to help you
http://groups.google.com
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Please note that the reply address is fake.
Keep all posts to the groups as private requests for assistance
(i.e. email/IM) cannot be acknowledged. Thank you.

Old September 9th 03, 10:00 PM
William H. Pridgen

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:40:47 +0100, "Perdita X. Dream"
wrote:

I've undone all the screws I can see, but I can't get at the other side of the
bay to unscrew those - is it even possible, or do I return it to him and say
HPs (well, Pavilions at least) are impossible to upgrade (as far as drives
are concerned, anyway)?

Go to this URL:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documen...7164&cat=setup
--
All views expressed above are my own. Nobody else would claim them!