Dual monitors on 8800 - peculiarity

Old June 17th 08, 10:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rev. 11D Meow!

Default Dual monitors on 8800 - peculiarity

"Don Olique" wrote in message
news
I have a 8800 Ultra with two monitors attached.
When I start the PC, the startup page is displayed on monitor 2.

Here's your clue the your 'monitor 2' is really 'monitor 1'
as far as the sytem is concerned.

Switch the video cables and set-up your multi-mon settings
using it this way instead and weirdness *should*
go away.

Old June 17th 08, 02:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Don Olique wrote:
I have a 8800 Ultra with two monitors attached.
When I start the PC, the startup page is displayed on monitor 2.
When Windows XP boots, it also displays the boot logo on monitor 2.
When the log-on dialog is displayed, it is dispklayed on monitor 1.
Both the monitors are digital monitors.

I use an Asus P5E3 Deluxe mainboard. As far as I can see, there are no settings
in the BIOS to force the initial display to any of the two monitors.
As the mainboard starts up on monitor 2, the driver version has nothing to do
with this peculiarity.

Ordinarily this is not a problem, but under certain circumstances, there is a
problem with this behaviour, as I have multiple boots on the PC, and monitor 2
has a buildt-in TV tuner, sometimes I have to stop viewing the TV in order to
start from the correct boot.

Don Olique

Either swap cable physically or use the multi-monitor nview wizard, or
the nvidia control panel to change 2 to 1 or 1 to 2.

What you ask is trivial and part of the set up process.
Old June 17th 08, 03:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Olique

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote:
Don Olique wrote:
[...]

Forgot to mention that I used the wizard to identify the monitors as monitor 1
and monitor 2.
Is the wizard bull****ting me?

Old June 17th 08, 03:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rev. 11D Meow!

"Don Olique" wrote in message
news
"Mr.E Solved!" wrote:
Don Olique wrote:
[...]

As I mentioned earlier, when your system shows POST on a given monitor,
that is monitor 1.

The OS can *attempt* to set it otherwise,
but until you connect the video output
that BIOS considers as monitor 1
to the monitor you consider to be monitor 1,
you will continue to be confused.

If it were me, I'd switch the video cables
and set-up the OS multi-mon setup again
from there.

It's simpler that way.

Theory and practice are not always in sync.

Old June 17th 08, 03:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Don Olique wrote:

Forgot to mention that I used the wizard to identify the monitors as monitor 1
and monitor 2.
Is the wizard bull****ting me?

Get over it and swap the cables. Next.

Old June 17th 08, 07:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.Must.Have.More.POWER.because.I.am.with.stupid
Rev. 11D Meow!

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
Don Olique wrote:

Forgot to mention that I used the wizard to identify the monitors as
monitor 1 and monitor 2.
Is the wizard bull****ting me?

Get over it and swap the cables. Next.

YAY!!! SUPER-GENIUS HAS THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!

Give That Boy A Cupie Doll!!!

Don't forget the Pickle Juice Popsicles either... :))

Just messing with you, dude.
You do come across quite high-handed at times
over Really Simple Stuff more frequently than necessary. :))

How About All Those Really Cool New Video Cards
coming out REAL SOON NOW, once they get rid
of all those pesky glitches in the ADVERTISING TEAMS
of ALL video display adapter manufacturers
that continue to perpetuate the MYTH
that PETAFLOPS IS THE GOAL!!!

Everyone can have 3D Fishtank Screensavers now.
IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE REAL THING!!!

YAY

Old June 17th 08, 07:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

YAY!!! SUPER-GENIUS HAS THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!

Give That Boy A Cupie Doll!!!

Don't forget the Pickle Juice Popsicles either... :))

Just messing with you, dude.
You do come across quite high-handed at times
over Really Simple Stuff more frequently than necessary. :))

I never seen Mr. E. Solved be high handed with serious questions or simple
ones from unsophisticated users....obvious ones from those who should know
better? We all get snippy with those.

Old June 17th 08, 07:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Augustus wrote:
YAY!!! SUPER-GENIUS HAS THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!

Give That Boy A Cupie Doll!!!

Don't forget the Pickle Juice Popsicles either... :))

Just messing with you, dude.
You do come across quite high-handed at times
over Really Simple Stuff more frequently than necessary. :))

I never seen Mr. E. Solved be high handed with serious questions or simple
ones from unsophisticated users....obvious ones from those who should know
better? We all get snippy with those.

You are kind and supportive Augustus, but his embarrassment at being
called out for his disruptive behaviour is all his own.

Like a feral beast he will slink away to go lick his wounds and only
come back once his demands for attention reach desperation again. We
might get one last parting shot before he expires, if we are unlucky.

Old June 17th 08, 07:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rev. 11D Meow!

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..
Augustus wrote:
YAY!!! SUPER-GENIUS HAS THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!

Give That Boy A Cupie Doll!!!

Don't forget the Pickle Juice Popsicles either... :))

Just messing with you, dude.
You do come across quite high-handed at times
over Really Simple Stuff more frequently than necessary. :))

I never seen Mr. E. Solved be high handed with serious questions or
simple ones from unsophisticated users....obvious ones from those who
should know better? We all get snippy with those.

You are kind and supportive Augustus, but his embarrassment at being
called out for his disruptive behaviour is all his own.

Like a feral beast he will slink away to go lick his wounds and only come
back once his demands for attention reach desperation again. We might get
one last parting shot before he expires, if we are unlucky.

Perfect example of Asperger's Syndrome, yes! :))

How much do YOU have invested in Last Year's Model,
Mystery Disolved, huh?

maroons everywhere...