X800XT PE, is RAMDAC clock speed the same as core clock speed?

Old July 25th 04, 01:36 PM
urh

Default X800XT PE, is RAMDAC clock speed the same as core clock speed?

pcconnection has X800Xt PE for $464 plus $10 shipping, but with RAMDAC
clock speed of 400MHz, is the core clock speed 400MHz as well?
Old July 25th 04, 02:10 PM
Ben Pope

urh wrote:
pcconnection has X800Xt PE for $464 plus $10 shipping, but with RAMDAC
clock speed of 400MHz, is the core clock speed 400MHz as well?

The RAMDAC is 400MHz, the core clock is about 500MHz on a X800XT and RAM
should be around "1120MHz" DDR3.

Ben

Old July 26th 04, 09:12 PM
RaceFace

"urh" wrote in message
pcconnection has X800Xt PE for $464 plus $10 shipping, but with RAMDAC
clock speed of 400MHz, is the core clock speed 400MHz as well?

The RAMDAC is the digital-to-analog converter; this is what the card uses to
feed the analog port you plug your monitor into. The faster this is, the
higher the resolution and higher the refresh rate the video card is capable
of outputting. You can't change it's speed at all. Most new cards seem to
have a 400MHz one as standard.

Old July 28th 04, 03:09 AM
JB

urh wrote:
pcconnection has X800Xt PE for $464 plus $10 shipping,

Correction, PC connection does not have these cards.

Jeff B