Any Asus single proc Athlon XP mobos support PC2100 ECC RegisteredDDR?

Old November 16th 04, 11:10 AM
Chris

Default Any Asus single proc Athlon XP mobos support PC2100 ECC RegisteredDDR?

I have 2*512MB ECC Registered DDR but my Dual Athlon mobo is dying (MSI
K7D Master) with burst capacitors.

Hoping to reuse the RAM and one of the CPUs in a cheap Athlon XP board
until I upgrade next summer.

Thanks,

Chris
Old November 16th 04, 03:17 PM
Paul

In article , Chris
wrote:

I have 2*512MB ECC Registered DDR but my Dual Athlon mobo is dying (MSI
K7D Master) with burst capacitors.

Hoping to reuse the RAM and one of the CPUs in a cheap Athlon XP board
until I upgrade next summer.

Thanks,

Chris

The A7M266 and A7M266-D definitely take registered DDR.
The A7V266 takes registered DDR according to the manual.
An owner of a A7V333 used registered DDR, even though the manual
did not mention registered DDR as an option. To support
registered RAM, you need a chipset that supports it, DDR
DIMM sockets keyed to accept it, and a BIOS that is prepared
to parse the SPD EEPROM on the DIMM.

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...0192.168.1.177

All of those boards are old and would only be available used somewhere.
They are not currently in production.

If you can afford the downtime, send the motherboard to
"Homey" or "Bigbadger". They cover North America and Europe
respectively. They will replace all the electrolytic capacitors
on a board, and assuming you haven't damaged anything else on
the motherboard, by running with damaged caps, you could
fix your current board. I think Homey charges about $50, but
check the website for details.

This is Homey's web site. http://motherboardrepair.com/
Bigbadger can be reached via email by tacking @btinternet.com
onto the end of his name. He also goes by the name of steve
and you tack @thebageplace.fsnet.co.uk onto the end of steve.
(Got that from a Google search.)

HTH,
Paul
Old November 17th 04, 08:39 AM
Chris

If you can afford the downtime, send the motherboard to
"Homey" or "Bigbadger". They cover North America and Europe
respectively. They will replace all the electrolytic capacitors
on a board, and assuming you haven't damaged anything else on
the motherboard, by running with damaged caps, you could
fix your current board. I think Homey charges about $50, but
check the website for details.

This is Homey's web site. http://motherboardrepair.com/
Bigbadger can be reached via email by tacking @btinternet.com
onto the end of his name. He also goes by the name of steve
and you tack @thebageplace.fsnet.co.uk onto the end of steve.
(Got that from a Google search.)

HTH,
Paul

Thanks for the info Paul, I'm in the uk so I'll give Bigbadger a try.

Regards,

Chris