NF7-S Ver.2 turn off freezing

Old May 9th 05, 08:15 PM
Miller1236

Default NF7-S Ver.2 turn off freezing

I have A NF7-S Version 2 Board when the computer stay on for about an hour
and I try to turn off or restart it freezes all you see is the hour Glass.
the only way to turn off the computer is the power switch. I have
uninstalled all software and still the same problem. I have everthing set to
default setting and I have all the latest drivers for all my hardware.I have
the latest bios 27. I have try different timing but still the same problem.

Abit NF7-S V2
XP 2500+
ATI 9600 XT 128
Two WD800JD Sata on Raid 0
Linksyss Wireless PCI Adapter WMP54G
Antec Lanboy Case w/True Blue SL350 PSU
TWINX1024-4400C25 1GB Kit DDR550 XMS4400

Old May 9th 05, 09:15 PM
- HAL9000

When you go into system - hardware - device manager - computer, you
should have Advanced Configuration and Power Interface item. If it
isn't there then windows may be using the win95 version of shutdown.
Perhaps your nForce board doesn't like that.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

Old May 10th 05, 07:53 PM
- HAL9000

Sorry, that is the only thing that comes to mind. You might try some
keyword "searches" in yahoo, google, or google groups for related
info.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/