Correct angle for keyboard

Old August 1st 06, 10:35 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

Default Correct angle for keyboard

WindsorFox wrote
Rod Speed wrote
WindsorFox wrote
Rod Speed wrote
WindsorFox wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Osiris wrote

ISO has standards,

Pity there isnt one for the keyboard angle.

ISO 9241-4

Doesnt specify a 'correct' keyboard angle.

"General design includes items such as: palm rests; the visible
surfaces of the keytops; the SLOPE of the keyboard and keyboard
SLOPE ADJUSTMENT."

Like I said, doesnt specify a 'correct' keyboard angle.

So if you have a book or .pdf that shows the full and actual
wording of ISO 9241-4 would you be so kind as to quote it....

He's the one that made that claim.

He gets to do that quoting.

Thats how it works.

But you are the one claiming that it does not provide for a
specific angle, which in the foreword it alludes that it does.

And it doesnt.

Prove it.

HE claimed that it does, at the top of the quoting.

HE gets to do the proving.

THATS how it works.

If you know this for a fact then you must have a copy of the ISO so by all means share
it.

Not legal with copyrighted material that they dont make freely available.

If you do not have a copy of the ISO then you are emitting verbiage
from your hind orifice and don't know anymore about what precisely
it says than any of the rest of us.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Translation, you do not know what it says and can not prove it.
Assessment of orifice vocalization stands.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Old August 1st 06, 10:45 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

WindsorFox wrote
Rod Speed wrote
WindsorFox wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Good comparison.

Pathetic excuse for bull**** in your case.

At least I provide some substance showing why you are incorrect,

No you didnt.

your snipping said substance ans repeating "wrong" dos not make you answer any more
viable than it was at first.

You're lying now, most obviously where I rubbed your nose
in the FACT that typewriters and teletypes have had nothing
like ZERO SLOPE for well over a century now with
typewriters and well over half a century with teletypes.

Again repeating incorrect answers and denying the obvious does not make it true.

Again, claiming something is incorrect and
ignoring the obvious cuts no mustard either.

People have been getting CTS for over a century too, no one can prove or disprove
exactly why or not they did or did not get it.

So you have no basis for your pig ignorant claim about anything
being incorrect and are so stupid that you couldnt even manage
to work out that the 'kony' originally pig ignorantly claimed that
the other than zero slope that has been seen with non manual
typewriters and teletypes is necessary to 'Allow more space for
the mechanical portion of the typewriter, before the digital age'

No keyboards are not angled anymore

More pig ignorant drivel. Plenty have feet that allow other
than ZERO slope and few actually have ZERO slope too.

and yes I do provide substance to my answers rather than "yes, no, wrong"

Pity its just pig ignorant unsubstantiated CLAIMS. Thats not
'substance', thats just anothe of your pig ignorant steaming turds.

and no matter how much you say "wrong" will not change the facts.

No matter how often you claim something is 'incorrect', will not change the facts.

It seems you just prefer to ignore facts that you disagree with.

You in spades with keyboards that havent had zero slope for centurys
now with typewriters and well over half a century now with teletypes.

I will choose the logical side that is supported by doctors and Cornell Univ,

Pity you cant actually cite even a SINGLE rigorous scientific
study published in a peer reviewed scientific journal that shows
that ZERO slope is the only acceptible slope for a keyboard.

you may stay on with Algore as you like...

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:29 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
WindsorFox

Don Freeman wrote:
"WindsorFox" wrote in message
John Doe wrote:
A silly troll.

Agreed. Perhaps I'll filter both....

Oh BOY! You can copy and paste headers! Should I be impressed?

Nah, monkeys can be trained to do even more then that.

Oh yeah, I saw on Animal Planet about a certain group of chimps
that are exceptionally intelligent and at times walk upright.

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose
Old August 2nd 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

Archie writes:

Which I interpret as being zero to 15 degrees.

Yes. Ideally the bones in your hand nearest your wrist should be
aligned with the bones in your forearm ... an angle of zero degrees.

But my Compaq keyboard
permits either:

(1) flat or maybe 5 degrees
(2) about 30 to 35 degrees.

You can adjust to taste. Whatever position causes you the least
discomfort when you type for long periods is best. In theory, an
angle of zero is ideal, but if your hands and wrists feel better at
some other angle, there's no reason why you can't use that angle.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:51 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

Trev writes:

How on earth did those typists manage with three hights of keys, no wrist
pads and having to put even force behind the key's.

They didn't. Keyboards were less ergonomic in those days, and if you
typed too long, you got tired.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:51 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

thoss writes:

How on earth do organists manage with up to six or so keyboards stacked
one above the other?

They usually play for only limited periods, not eight hours a day, and
not as quickly as typists must type.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

Osiris writes:

**DID** they manage ? Or was injury not recorded ?

Injuries just weren't recorded.

I can imagine, that in the early days, ppl were just dismissed when
ill...

Sometimes.

Old August 2nd 06, 04:01 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

Rod Speed writes:

Bull****. Have fun explaining the keyboards on typewriters
that were designed to be used by professional typists.

If they are electric, the keyboards are nearly flat.

If they are manual, the keys are arranged in tiers to better
accommodate the mechanical constraints of the typewriter.

It isnt that black and white, particularly if you are only
typing spasmodically as is the case with most PCs.

If you are a fast touch-typist, every variable makes a difference.

I am in this category, and I use a Microsoft Natural Keyboard that
keeps my arms and wrists straight. The RSI pain I used to get on
other keyboards in other configurations is no longer a problem.

Old August 2nd 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

John Doe writes:

Keyboard slope, prosthetics, and all that stuff might help, but it
won't stop repetitive strain injury (RSI).

Yes, it will, in most cases. Of course, there's a limit to how much a
person can type in a day no matter what adjustments are made.

The only RSI killer is speech-recognition.

But then you lose your voice.

Old August 2nd 06, 05:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Todd

Rod Speed wrote:
WindsorFox wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Good comparison.

Pathetic excuse for bull**** in your case.

At least I provide some substance showing why you are incorrect,

No you didnt.

your snipping said substance ans repeating "wrong" dos not make you

answer any more
viable than it was at first.

You're lying now, most obviously where I rubbed your nose
in the FACT that typewriters and teletypes have had nothing
like ZERO SLOPE for well over a century now with
typewriters and well over half a century with teletypes.

Again repeating incorrect answers and denying the obvious does not
make it true. People have been getting CTS for over a century too, no
one can prove or disprove exactly why or not they did or did not get it.
No keyboards are not angled anymore and yes I do provide substance to my
answers rather than "yes, no, wrong" and no matter how much you say
"wrong" will not change the facts. It seems you just prefer to ignore
facts that you disagree with. I will choose the logical side that is
supported by doctors and Cornell Univ, you may stay on with Algore as
you like...

A number of years ago I saw an article that said that Carpal Tunnel with
manual typewriters was rare, because after every line, the typist had to
move her hands from the keyboard to manually return the carriage.

When they started using electric typewriters CPT became more common, The
typists didn't take their hands out of the typing position until they
completed a page, and had to insert a new sheet of paper.

When typists started typing on computers, with line wrap, and no sheets to
feed, the typists kept their hands in position for even longer periods of
time, and CPT got even worse.