HP scanner horror story......

Old September 12th 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
geronimo

Default HP scanner horror story......

I spent over an hour scanning 100 pages of a book, using an HP 4800
scanner and HP "solution center"/scanner utility. FIgured all was
being saved to MY SCANS folder, as the default was set for. After
getting half way through the book , I decided to stop for the day. So
I exited the scanner utility window, and it went back to the main page
of HP Solution Center. There ws no option about s aving the scanned
images, nothin mroe o be done with th scn session, so I exited from HP
Solution Center altogether. I started up the HP document viewer and
went to MY Scans.....there is NOTHING there! No files/images were
saved/created!
I think now that what was happening when I saw the loading bar
progress and complete the scan was actually just a temp file being
created, and when you are finished scanning all pics for the session,
then it actually creates the files in MY Scans folder. Apparently I
didn't let it do that? All that work down the drain....I could just
choke. Where was the warning...if you exit now, your scanned image
files will not be created? THank you, HP!!!!!

Samsung CLP-510 Horror story AnnaInVA Printers 11 February 14th 06 03:44 PM
Hard drive horror story X2 RM Storage (alternative) 3 September 7th 04 12:19 PM
Hard drive horror story X2 RM General 2 September 6th 04 01:17 PM
The XP SP2 Horror to come. TR Printers 3 August 18th 04 04:43 PM
Compaq horror story-don't buy one! Martian Compaq Computers 17 July 21st 03 07:42 AM