Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display Driver - February 2019

Old March 4th 19, 03:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
King Beowulf[_3_]

Default Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display Driver - February 2019

Nvidia driver user may wish to update their driver due to 8 possible
security vulnerabilities. From Nvidia:

"This update addresses issues that may lead to denial of service,
escalation of privileges, code execution, or information disclosure."

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...tail/a_id/4772

See also:

https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-...dates-Contain-
Security-Fixes

Old March 4th 19, 09:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant[_3_]

I hope Debian releases the fixes for my decade old GeForce 8800 GT (512
MB of VRAM) video card in oldstable/Jessie v8. I have these packages
right now:
nvidia-alternative 340.106-1
nvidia-detect 340.106-1
nvidia-driver 340.106-1
nvidia-driver-bin 340.106-1
nvidia-installer-clea 20141201+1
nvidia-kernel-common 20141201+1
nvidia-kernel-dkms 340.106-1
nvidia-modprobe 340.46-1
nvidia-settings 340.46-2
nvidia-smi 340.106-1
nvidia-support 20141201+1
nvidia-vdpau-driver:a 340.106-1

--
Quote of the Week: "I could crush him like an ant. But it would be too
easy. No, revenge is a dish best served cold. I'll bide my time until...
Old March 4th 19, 09:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
David W. Hodgins

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 03:22:08 -0500, Ant wrote:

I hope Debian releases the fixes for my decade old GeForce 8800 GT (512
MB of VRAM) video card in oldstable/Jessie v8. I have these packages
right now:
nvidia-kernel-dkms 340.106-1

It's a minor security issue for a linux system. All but one of the cves
are for windows only. The one that is for linux is a side channel attack
similar to spectre that requires running code by a local user.

I don't use debian, so have no idea about their procedures. Does that
version have the spectre and meltdown fixes?

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change to for
email replies.
Old March 5th 19, 02:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant[_3_]

David W. Hodgins wrote:
On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 03:22:08 -0500, Ant wrote:

I hope Debian releases the fixes for my decade old GeForce 8800 GT (512
MB of VRAM) video card in oldstable/Jessie v8. I have these packages
right now:
nvidia-kernel-dkms 340.106-1

It's a minor security issue for a linux system. All but one of the cves
are for windows only. The one that is for linux is a side channel attack
similar to spectre that requires running code by a local user.

I don't use debian, so have no idea about their procedures. Does that
version have the spectre and meltdown fixes?

I have no idea, but then I don't even the firmware update to fix those.
Old April 1st 19, 12:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Wow just came across your posting !

Appreciate it ! =D

Bye,