256 6600 or 128 6600GT

Old November 22nd 05, 08:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 256 6600 or 128 6600GT

Which is gonna be better for buck?

Looking to buy a card for my brother for Christmas - they're both the same
price (give or take $10-20), and they're both Leadtek.
If possible, just a quick preference from you all!

Many thanks.

Old November 22nd 05, 08:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

GT always.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Old November 22nd 05, 10:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Ed Light wrote:
GT always.

Can the 6600GT connect to a 1920x1200 monitor via DVI without issues?
I have an Intel 450 mobo with AGP 4x. Is that an issue also? I hear
there is no realworld difference between AGP 8x and 4x.

I'm mainly interested in HDTV and not games. I'm looking into buying
the MyHD hdtv card.

--
specs:
Pentium 4 2.5GHz
Old November 22nd 05, 10:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"snr" wrote in message
Ed Light wrote:
GT always.

Can the 6600GT connect to a 1920x1200 monitor via DVI without issues?

You'll have to wait for another poster who knows more about that.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Old November 22nd 05, 10:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , snr says...
Ed Light wrote:
GT always.

Can the 6600GT connect to a 1920x1200 monitor via DVI without issues?

You may need to create a custom monitor.inf file using rivatuner or
such.

I have an Intel 450 mobo with AGP 4x. Is that an issue also? I hear
there is no realworld difference between AGP 8x and 4x.

You're right.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.
Old November 22nd 05, 11:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Ed Light" wrote in message
GT always.

That's what I thought.
And I wouldn't think the 6600 series are strong enough to really make much
use of the extra 125MB...but....

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Old November 24th 05, 01:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

snr wrote:
Ed Light wrote:
GT always.

Can the 6600GT connect to a 1920x1200 monitor via DVI without issues?

Yes, no problem. I've a Dell 24" LCD monitor that's 1920x1200 and I
bought
the Gigabyte version of 6600 GT for that very purpose (providing a DVI
connection). Works great. Operates at 60Hz refresh which is what the
monitor wants.

As to your AGP 4X issues, I don't recall. Mine is running at AGP 8X.

A.M.

Old November 24th 05, 02:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Anoni Moose wrote:
snr wrote:
Ed Light wrote:
GT always.

Can the 6600GT connect to a 1920x1200 monitor via DVI without issues?

Yes, no problem. I've a Dell 24" LCD monitor that's 1920x1200 and I
bought
the Gigabyte version of 6600 GT for that very purpose (providing a DVI
connection). Works great. Operates at 60Hz refresh which is what the
monitor wants.

As to your AGP 4X issues, I don't recall. Mine is running at AGP 8X.

A.M.

Thanks all for the input. I will be posting a follow-up within the
next month or so. The main uncertainty, then, is with the AGP 4x slot.
I have a 430W power supply, so there should be enough power to run the
6600GT and MyHD cards.
Old November 24th 05, 04:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , snr says...

Thanks all for the input. I will be posting a follow-up within the
next month or so. The main uncertainty, then, is with the AGP 4x slot.

Why? It makes no difference.