Need help selecting high-res quad-screen solution

Old December 15th 05, 07:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Need help selecting high-res quad-screen solution

I'd like to hook up 4 large LCD panels to one PC. My preference would
be 4 30" Apple Cinema or equivalent monitors. Some questions:

1) Are there any quad-head dual-link DVI cards? I couldn't find any.
2) Are there cards that could drive two dual-link DVI inputs of two
Cinemas?
3) Would it be possible to have two video cards in one PC, each driving
two Cinemas? All of the motherboards around here have maybe one PCI
express or one AGP but not multiple.
4) Is the quality between DVI and a good analog solution very
significant? The displayed content would be mostly static so speed is
not an issue.

Thanks,
Andrew

Old December 15th 05, 07:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

'Andrew' wrote, in part:
| I'd like to hook up 4 large LCD panels to one PC.
_____

Consider a turnkey solution. You are starting from zero on a project that
will be very expensive; might as well get it right.

Phil Weldon

oups.com...

Old December 15th 05, 09:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Bill" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...
I'd like to hook up 4 large LCD panels to one PC. My preference would
be 4 30" Apple Cinema or equivalent monitors. Some questions:

1) Are there any quad-head dual-link DVI cards? I couldn't find any.
2) Are there cards that could drive two dual-link DVI inputs of two
Cinemas?
3) Would it be possible to have two video cards in one PC, each driving
two Cinemas? All of the motherboards around here have maybe one PCI
express or one AGP but not multiple.
4) Is the quality between DVI and a good analog solution very
significant? The displayed content would be mostly static so speed is
not an issue.

Thanks,
Andrew

http://www.digitaltigers.com/zenview-quad21s.shtml

Bill

Those are pretty cool but we want at least 100ppi so we'd need at
least (our) 23" display at 1920 horizontal or something like the 30" Apple.

I'll contact them to see if they have anything bigger.

Andrew

Old December 16th 05, 12:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

I use Colographic Xentera GT cards in my network control consoles at
work. Each card is a quad-head DVI based off 2 Radeon 9500 chips, and
they offer AGP, PCI, and PCIe versions. Was around $500-$600 per card,
IIRC.
http://www.colorgraphic.net/newsite/..._overview.html
I have each console desktop driving 8 19in HP displays with one AGP and
one PCI card. Works great so far.

HTH,
Kendt