end of quarter but no drop in prices!!!!!!!

Old January 27th 04, 10:10 PM
Robert

Default end of quarter but no drop in prices!!!!!!!

I was expecting Dell to produce some good deals during the last week of
January. I still can not configure a 4600 today that matches the prices I
configured in August of 2003. I guess the joke is on me.

Robert

Old January 27th 04, 10:16 PM
SwashBuckle

yes I waited to order my M60 until today and only got a few quid off. Still
thats life.

clanger

"DanR" wrote in message
...business must be doing well....

Dan

Old January 27th 04, 11:40 PM
Carolyn Taliaferro

Business must be good. I noticed a rush on outet store computers .
"SwashBuckle" wrote in message
yes I waited to order my M60 until today and only got a few quid off.

Still
thats life.

clanger

"DanR" wrote in message
...business must be doing well....

Dan

Old January 28th 04, 01:13 AM
joe_tide

Keep looking. They usually make the change on Thursday mornings. That will
still give you a day and a half to place your order.

Too early to panic yet. Panic on Thursday afternoon if they don't drop a
little. g

Old January 28th 04, 06:05 AM
Tom Almy

Prices on Dim 8300s on Small Business look particularly good, however
for some reason the 15% off coupon won't "stack" with the $200 off on
the site (it usually does!). If it did, you could pick up an 8200 with
3.2 GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 120GB SATA HD, and a few sundries for
under $1000. That looks pretty good to me!

Also, there may be a price decrease next week if they decide to have new
model numbers when the new Intel chips come out Feb 2.

Old January 28th 04, 02:19 PM
joe_tide

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday Tom. I was pricing an 8300 for a guy at work
and the Small Business side was (if I remember correctly) $2-300 cheaper for
the same configuration.

I told him to "jump on it".