6800

Old September 11th 04, 01:52 PM
Ozman

Default 6800

My system: ASUS A7N8X, Athlon 2400+, 512mb DDR 2100, BFG 6800oc 128mb

During gaming I run my resolution @ 1024x768 and with my new card I
thought I should be able to run Far Cry at high detail. It runs but there
are hiccups and slows down when there is a lot of action on the screen.
I'm wondering what I need to run this game at high detail? My card should
be fast enough right? Do I need to upgrade my processor or would more RAM
fix me up?

Ozman

Old September 11th 04, 06:01 PM
Dark Avenger

"Ozman" wrote in
.net:

My system: ASUS A7N8X, Athlon 2400+, 512mb DDR 2100, BFG 6800oc 128mb

During gaming I run my resolution @ 1024x768 and with my new card I
thought I should be able to run Far Cry at high detail. It runs but
there are hiccups and slows down when there is a lot of action on the
screen. I'm wondering what I need to run this game at high detail? My
card should be fast enough right? Do I need to upgrade my processor
or would more RAM fix me up?

Ozman

I guess it's the processor... and the slow mobo. Don't get me wrong but the
game Far Cry can use every bit of memory bandwidth that you can supply to
it.

Basicly your motherboard is keeping your videocard up..that is the whole
story, you videocard can go faster with a faster motherboard/processor. The
new cards haven't yet met their max point in how effective they are
Old September 12th 04, 12:11 AM
DaveW

Your CPU speed and your RAM speed (only PC2100 and probably not dual
channel) are holding you back.

--
DaveW

link.net...

Old September 12th 04, 04:40 AM
Mark

"DaveW" wrote in message
Your CPU speed and your RAM speed (only PC2100 and probably not dual
channel) are holding you back.

--
DaveW

Agreed. At the very least get 1GB of PC3200 (2x512) Duel Channel.

Old September 12th 04, 06:25 AM
Little TeaPot

2400 is only running at 2 ghz

How would a Mobile 2500 at 2.5 ghz, 3200 1gig Dual channel go ?

I mean with the 6800 GT ?

Old September 12th 04, 06:36 AM
GTX_SlotCar

Try 1 gig of memory first. Your 6800 is a 128mb version and that may be a
bottleneck too, but try the extra ram 1st.

Old September 12th 04, 02:35 PM
Minotaur

GTX_SlotCar wrote:
[...]

Yeah, get 1Gig of memory! Also, get a new heatsink for your CPU and set
it @ 200FSB X11 for 2200Mhz. Your config can do that easily if it's a v2
of the A7N8X, v1 had probs with 200FSB.
Old September 13th 04, 11:20 PM
Petrus

The new driver 61.77 mentioned something about fixing lagg in far cry ,
check read text that follows the drivers