GeForce 5700 FX?

Old May 20th 04, 04:06 PM
Neku

Default GeForce 5700 FX?

I'm thinking of buying a HP Pavilion t580 with P4, 3.2 Ghz, 512 MB, but I
wonder if the included NVIDIA GeForce 5700 FX is any good. Some gaming, not
diehard, but I want it to work properly for that price.

Specs he http://tinyurl.com/3aocz

(you can also download a PDF with "full" specs in the same place).

Thanks in advance.

Old May 20th 04, 06:05 PM
spartacus

Neku wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a HP Pavilion t580 with P4, 3.2 Ghz, 512 MB, but I
wonder if the included NVIDIA GeForce 5700 FX is any good. Some gaming, not
diehard, but I want it to work properly for that price.

Specs he http://tinyurl.com/3aocz

(you can also download a PDF with "full" specs in the same place).

Thanks in advance.

I've got the ultra version. It's not the best card out there but it will
do the job for you. You could do worse. Mine has worked very well.
Old May 21st 04, 01:36 AM
Dark Avenger

"Neku" wrote in message li.nl...
I'm thinking of buying a HP Pavilion t580 with P4, 3.2 Ghz, 512 MB, but I
wonder if the included NVIDIA GeForce 5700 FX is any good. Some gaming, not
diehard, but I want it to work properly for that price.

Specs he http://tinyurl.com/3aocz

(you can also download a PDF with "full" specs in the same place).

Thanks in advance.

FX5700 Ultra is about the same speeds as the 9600XT ( ati card ) and
that means basicly that games run fine on.. normal settings. It
totally depends on what kind of games ofcourse... Quacke III for
instance will get monsterframerates even on POS cards like the
FX5200.. but Farcry will make most cards cry for their mommy ( trust
me it can throw a 9800 Pro on the ground and keep it htere )

Anyhow, the FX5700 Non Ultra is decent.... pretty decent in
performance. But if you wish to look into the future you rather think
5900XT alike ... just...that more capability...
Old May 21st 04, 03:19 AM
Darthy

On Thu, 20 May 2004 17:06:45 +0200, "Neku"
wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a HP Pavilion t580 with P4, 3.2 Ghz, 512 MB, but I
wonder if the included NVIDIA GeForce 5700 FX is any good. Some gaming, not
diehard, but I want it to work properly for that price.

Specs he http://tinyurl.com/3aocz

(you can also download a PDF with "full" specs in the same place).

This model would be a bit faster:
http://www.hp-expo.com/be/dut/consum...138a_tech.html

And perhaps more upgradable (CPU wise).... I don't know how much
these cost... but 1GB of RAM would help out more than more MHz in
WindowsXP. Both of these HP (gag) systems only have 1 DIMM sockets.

Old May 22nd 04, 03:01 AM
jeff b

Neku wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a HP Pavilion t580 with P4, 3.2 Ghz, 512 MB, but I
wonder if the included NVIDIA GeForce 5700 FX is any good. Some gaming, not
diehard, but I want it to work properly for that price.

Specs he http://tinyurl.com/3aocz

(you can also download a PDF with "full" specs in the same place).

Thanks in advance.

Hopeflly, you haven't bought the HP yet. Buy the components seperately,
and assemble it yourself. You'll save a ton of money, and get
better performance, and won't be strapped with an Intel mobo which
prevents you from running the CPU at fll speed. Plus, you can
get a 5900xt graphics card instead of the 5700.

Jeff B