Does the ATI Radeon 7000 support 1440x900?

Old February 17th 07, 05:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Alberto Venturini

Default Does the ATI Radeon 7000 support 1440x900?

Hello,
I've got an ATI Radeon 7000 video card, and I use it under Xorg/Linux. I
want to buy a new LCD monitor which uses the 1440x900 display mode.
Does anyone know if my card will support the 1440x900 resolution?

If more information is needed, here's the exact name of the video card (as
reported by "lspci"):
ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE]

Thank you,
Alberto

Old February 17th 07, 06:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"Alberto Venturini" wrote in message
Hello,
I've got an ATI Radeon 7000 video card, and I use it under Xorg/Linux. I
want to buy a new LCD monitor which uses the 1440x900 display mode.
Does anyone know if my card will support the 1440x900 resolution?

The card is capable of it, but it will not of course be specifically listed
as being a standard resolution. The monitor drivers determine this. .

Old February 18th 07, 12:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
DaveW

No, that older card is not powerful enough to support that high of a
resolution of today's LCD monitors.

--
--------
DaveW

Old February 18th 07, 02:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"DaveW" wrote in message
news
No, that older card is not powerful enough to support that high of a
resolution of today's LCD monitors.

Read the first review

and
http://review.zdnet.com/Sun_XVR_100_...-30817284.html

Old February 18th 07, 08:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Benjamin Gawert

* DaveW:

No, that older card is not powerful enough to support that high of a
resolution of today's LCD monitors.

Again spreading BS, DaveW? Still wanting to let everyone know you don't
know ****?

FYI: the Radeon 7000 runs fine at 1440x900 and even at higher
resolutions like 1680x1050 and 1920x1200. And of course it's fast enough
for everything 2D at these resolutions. And also the drivers support
widescreen just fine, but only list these resolutions if they detect a
widescreen display connected to the gfx card.

Benjamin