A7N8X / Barton 2600+ 512k 333 / Corsair DDR400/PC3200 XMS

Old December 9th 03, 09:41 PM
Guy LaRochelle

Default A7N8X / Barton 2600+ 512k 333 / Corsair DDR400/PC3200 XMS

Hello

I just bought these components and I want to know the best settings to
use. I've been browsing everywhere looking for the perfect settings
but I'm not sure I understand everything.

First, I'm not really looking for overclocking although if I can gain
a little, then why not... But I will be using the default heatsink/fan
coming with the retail CPU.

Now... My main questions all revolve around speed settings for the
CPU, the memory, the board, etc...

-Which multiplier should I use?
-Which CPU speed?
-FSB speed?
-Memory speed (sync / async - I was told I would be able to run the
memory at 400 Mhz and the CPU at 333, so that would be async right?
what's the point if you buy PC3200 to run it slower??)
-Voltage settings
-Etc....

Also, I will be using a GeForce 4 TI4600 with this board, so is there
anything I should know about AGP aperture size, voltage and bus speed
too?

There are so many settings! Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!
Guy

Old December 9th 03, 10:01 PM
IC

Guy LaRochelle wrote:
Hello

I just bought these components and I want to know the best settings to
use. I've been browsing everywhere looking for the perfect settings
but I'm not sure I understand everything.

First, I'm not really looking for overclocking although if I can gain
a little, then why not... But I will be using the default heatsink/fan
coming with the retail CPU.

Now... My main questions all revolve around speed settings for the
CPU, the memory, the board, etc...

-Which multiplier should I use?
-Which CPU speed?
-FSB speed?

[snip]

It used to be that the fun of overclocking was finding this stuff out on
your own

Here's a great guide to help *you* answer those questions:

http://www.overclockers.com/tips120/index06.asp

Old December 9th 03, 10:12 PM
IC

IC wrote:
Guy LaRochelle wrote:
Hello

I just bought these components and I want to know the best settings
to use. I've been browsing everywhere looking for the perfect
settings but I'm not sure I understand everything.

First, I'm not really looking for overclocking although if I can gain
a little, then why not... But I will be using the default
heatsink/fan coming with the retail CPU.

Now... My main questions all revolve around speed settings for the
CPU, the memory, the board, etc...

-Which multiplier should I use?
-Which CPU speed?
-FSB speed?

[snip]

It used to be that the fun of overclocking was finding this stuff out
on your own

Here's a great guide to help *you* answer those questions:

http://www.overclockers.com/tips120/index06.asp

Actually, that's a pretty old one. This is more current:
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1050/