Issue with MSI GeForce FX 5700 (256meg)?

Old August 19th 05, 12:33 AM
Phil Weldon

Default Issue with MSI GeForce FX 5700 (256meg)?

The type of monitor would be helful information.
The resolution used for your desktop would also be helpful infromation.

From your description, and without additional infromation, a guess would be
that you have a video cable problem or a video connection problem. How old
is your monitor, and is there evidence of strain on the connector cable
(sharp turn at the connector end or at the monitor end?)

Phil Weldon

"Rafe" wrote in message
news:7_306366_5ae06898b83803b97cad72babe42dc0d@har dwareforumz.com...
Hi all,

I’m not overly computer-savvy, though I’m thinking my issue is a video
card problem.

What I’m experiencing is this: I get "fading" or "auras". Almost
like a burn in the monitor, but it isn’t the monitor. It looks like
any graphic is echo’d, so to speak, to the right of the actual graphic
like a fading stamp trailing off to the right.

This is present everywhe desktop icons, video played from desktop,
images being viewed, and in games. (it does not happen prior to
Windows welcome screen; ie, in bootup there is no problem) I also
sometimes get "lag" in games when I shouldn’t, and my screen will go
solid black, then flick back to normal.

Is this a video card problem? Perhaps faulty video RAM? Any help
would be much appreciated!

--
Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's
request

Old August 20th 05, 08:36 AM
Rafe

"Rafe" wrote:
Hi all,

I'm not overly computer-savvy, though I'm thinking my issue is
a video card problem.

What I'm experiencing is this: I get "fading" or "auras".
Almost like a burn in the monitor, but it isn't the monitor.
It looks like any graphic is echo'd, so to speak, to the right
of the actual graphic like a fading stamp trailing off to the
right.

This is present everywhe desktop icons, video played from
desktop, images being viewed, and in games. (it does not
happen prior to Windows welcome screen; ie, in bootup there is
no problem) I also sometimes get "lag" in games when I
shouldn't, and my screen will go solid black, then flick back
to normal.

Is this a video card problem? Perhaps faulty video RAM? Any
help would be much appreciated!

No thoughts on whether this is a vid card issue? :cry:
Old August 20th 05, 11:38 AM
Phil Weldon

No unless you provide more information, as requested.

Phil Weldon
"