Ati 3rd quarter woes....

Old June 23rd 05, 09:20 PM
John Lewis

Default Ati 3rd quarter woes....

Ati only broke-even in the 3rd quarter and the daily stock price
tumbled 9 % to ~ $11.5. Down from $20 in December 2004.

--

John Lewis

"Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"

Old June 23rd 05, 10:51 PM
Shawk

"John Lewis" wrote in message
Ati only broke-even in the 3rd quarter and the daily stock price
tumbled 9 % to ~ $11.5. Down from $20 in December 2004.

You seem to be turning into an NVidia troll John...

Old June 24th 05, 03:32 AM
First of One

I couldn't care less. Remember, neither nVidia nor ATi is on your side.
Their single aim is to take your cash. Brand loyalty has no place here.

Old June 24th 05, 04:12 AM
NightSky 421

"John Lewis" wrote in message
Ati only broke-even in the 3rd quarter and the daily stock price
tumbled 9 % to ~ $11.5. Down from $20 in December 2004.

Remember, the continued competition between ATI and nVidia is to our benefit
as consumers. If you might recall, nVidia also faced adversity in 2002 when
ATI released the 9700 Pro. I don't think I need to re-tell the events that
happened after that. Anyway, it's unrealistic to expect that one company
will always be "on top" forever. There are numerous past examples of that.

Old June 24th 05, 05:14 AM
xmradio

"NightSky 421" wrote in message
"John Lewis" wrote in message
Ati only broke-even in the 3rd quarter and the daily stock price
tumbled 9 % to ~ $11.5. Down from $20 in December 2004.

Remember, the continued competition between ATI and nVidia is to our
benefit as consumers. If you might recall, nVidia also faced adversity in
2002 when ATI released the 9700 Pro. I don't think I need to re-tell the
events that happened after that. Anyway, it's unrealistic to expect that
one company will always be "on top" forever. There are numerous past
examples of that.

I notice they are pushing a aiw 2006 card. Looks like the old 9600 aiw, but
with 256mbs.

same ole same old

xman

Old June 24th 05, 07:41 AM
John Lewis

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:51:44 +0100, "Shawk"
wrote:

"John Lewis" wrote in message
Ati only broke-even in the 3rd quarter and the daily stock price
tumbled 9 % to ~ $11.5. Down from $20 in December 2004.

You seem to be turning into an NVidia troll John...

Notice that I didn't cross-post this info to the nVidia group.
For your eyes only :-)

--

John Lewis

"Technology early-birds always turn out to be flying guinea-pigs"

everyones favourite........tv out woes Antzz Nvidia Videocards 0 November 28th 04 10:01 PM
AGP vid card woes Will Nvidia Videocards 2 August 9th 04 02:32 PM
DeForce FX 5200 TV-out woes... Michael Christensen Nvidia Videocards 1 August 7th 04 02:51 PM
1501 LMi Woes Woohoo Acer Computers 5 June 13th 04 01:38 PM
G4 Ti4200 OpenGL TV out , clone, primary display woes Byte Junkie Nvidia Videocards 0 June 23rd 03 04:57 AM