Does Dell make its own motherboards?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 27th 05, 08:50 PM
Kaptain Krunch

Default Does Dell make its own motherboards?

Dell, Compac, e-machines all DO NOT allow you to change Motherboards in
their machines... They want you to buy DELL etc. Parts. If you want, go to
a computer show in your area and buy case, PS, MoBo, etc and put your own
together.

kk

"Lem" wrote in message ...
Do all Dell PCs (for the UK market) come with Dell's own
motherboards?

I am thinking of getting a Dell but I don't want to find that it uses
a Dell proprietary motherboard that may have little technical data
available.

ISTR hearing that Dell used a non-standad wiring on the 20 or 24 pin
mobo power connector. And I imagine there may be several other Dell
quirks.