A puzzle to puzzle you

Old July 17th 04, 05:29 PM
sk

Default A puzzle to puzzle you

Hi,
previously I posted about my problem twice but havent reached
significant solution till yet.However, I am representing the problem
in a different manner after carefully analysing it.
The confusion is between "Building DMI Pool..." and "Verifying DMI
Pool Data..".Note that whenever it shows "Building.." , windows will
boot but will not go beyong the progress bar (In safe mode, beyond
mup.sys,if mup disbled then viaagp.sys and so on) and in case it shows
"Verifying.." there is absolutely no problem.
1. It was used to verify until recently it started building at ever
boot.No, I didnt install any new hardware.
2. If I use my mobo on my frds' comp , it verifies...windows xp
starts...and says "Found a new hardware--USB Controller".Installs
driver and then on subsequent boots it keeps building.
3. If I use my frds' mobo on my computer it verifies everytime I
restart.Then I would replace the mobo and Now I am using my own mobo
on my computer.Surprisingly it Verifies.On restart it verifies but
after some reboots it starts building.
Any idea what's happening?
Thanx a lot !
Old July 17th 04, 11:54 PM
Benthamman

sk wrote:
[...]

Nope! - no idea. Why do you think someone may know? You may have a
problem there, which no-one knows the answer to - maybe only you care?

Things have got to a state where experts are only experts at small bits
(very expert at little bits, or poor experts at complicated bits?). You
have a complicated problem with a complicated bit.

Is this fair? .....probably. You can get a replacement mobo for ~£15 ,
you can replace all the memory for ~£50, you can then start to trace
what the problem really was - but will you care by then?

When things get like this even companies like ebuyer.com don't try to
understand - its much cheaper to throw them away and replace with new
for the customer.

Ben

Old July 18th 04, 02:43 AM
sk

Yeah Benthamman, probably you are right. Was just checking if someone
has encounterd similar problem in past. I thought experts might
explain the "Verifying","Building" confusion. still there is hope.
there are many techies who deal with complicated problem with a
complicated bit.
thanx for ur comments.

Old July 18th 04, 03:50 AM
jamotto

(sk) wrote in message . com...
[...]

You might try replacing the battery on the motherboard, but to be
honest about the only way I think you will be able to get to the root
of this problem is to just remove all unnecessary hardware and load
the safe defaults for the bios and work your way up from there
restoring bios options and adding hardware, etc.

Drive letters puzzle John Doe Homebuilt PC's 6 December 9th 04 08:08 AM
CPU Puzzle - Ask the second time losl(removethis) General 1 October 28th 04 01:02 AM
CPU puzzle losl(removethis) General 0 October 25th 04 06:32 AM
INCD puzzle Wishy13764 Cdr 4 January 9th 04 05:58 AM
Puzzle on IDE Shep© Homebuilt PC's 3 January 1st 04 08:59 PM