Nvidia 5200 -vs- Ati 9500 pro

Old November 18th 03, 12:51 AM
SL

Default Nvidia 5200 -vs- Ati 9500 pro

Hello all,

My brothers Geforce MX 440 suffered some good overheating and needed
replacement. I saw what I should think a good deal on its replacement. Its
a Chaintech Nvidia FX 5200 128 meg AGP 8x card. I have only about 24 hours
use (mostly reloading xp and other proggys) so far. But I also have my own
pc with ATI's 9500 pro card (not the modifiable one).

I was just wondering the comparison in the gaming department between these
two. I run mostly C&C Generals, MOHAA, Wolfenstein ET and a few others. I
also use a lot of Xvid and Divx onto television with the video out
capabilities.

What card is the better one? Or are they too close to make any real
difference worth mentioning. Both run on appx the same specs 2000+AMD,
512k, 40gigs, Abit KD7A motherboards.

Thanks group,
SL

Old November 18th 03, 12:56 AM
Helion

The 9500 Pro is a much better card, in fact the 9500 Pro is closer to the
5600 Ultra or 5700 Ultra level.

t...

Old November 18th 03, 01:11 AM
Athura

9500pro will blow a fx 5200 out of the water

Old November 18th 03, 01:22 PM
SL

thanks all. It does seem that this card is capable of todays games. I
assume it probably has pretty decent tv capabilities. I can use it as my
dedicated Xvid\DVD box for my living room and operate it remotely. It
should do good in that respect.

Thanks again,
SL

Old November 19th 03, 07:25 AM
Athura

"gRoDa_L0Ts4pOt" wrote in message
In my opinion, ATI has better hardware, but NVidia has more compatible
drivers. So the choice ahead is "Do you want something faster that

crashes,
or something a little slower that runs like a charm"

I have a 9700pro and I use the catalyst 3.7 drivers, i have no crashes in
any of my games