TV WONDER USB HANGS LAPTOP

Old October 17th 03, 02:37 AM

Default TV WONDER USB HANGS LAPTOP

I have a HP laptop with TV Wonder USB. After a few minutes of
watching TV the system will lockup. It will sometimes play for 30 minutes
before locking up .
I am thinking this is a software problem but am open for suggestions. I have
formatted and reinstalled OS

laptop is running xp home ,
the tv wonder usb used to work just fine..
until last week...all of a sudden starts doing things like locking up..
pls advise

Old October 17th 03, 02:40 AM

This is what i get from event viewer.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: (101)
Hanging application ATIMMC.exe, version 7.5.0.19, hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
0010: 20 20 41 54 49 4d 4d 43 ATIMMC
0018: 2e 65 78 65 20 37 2e 35 .exe 7.5
0020: 2e 30 2e 31 39 20 69 6e .0.19 in
0028: 20 68 75 6e 67 61 70 70 hungapp
0030: 20 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30 0.0.0.0
0038: 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 at offs
0040: 65 74 20 30 30 30 30 30 et 00000
0048: 30 30 30 000

able.rogers.com...

Old October 17th 03, 02:42 AM

This is another event viewer
What's a fault bucket?
I have no idea at all.......pls help..............

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 10/16/2003
Time: 9:37:41 PM
User: N/A
Computer: HEWLETT-63WY6J1
Fault bucket 05526669.

Data:
0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
0008: 30 35 35 32 36 36 36 39 05526669
0010: 0d 0a ..

"JAD" wrote in message
news
added anything recently...screen saver? power saving kickin on?

able.rogers.com...

Old October 17th 03, 02:43 AM

nothing new installed..i have formatted the HDD cuz of the tv hang issue...

"JAD" wrote in message
news
added anything recently...screen saver? power saving kickin on?

able.rogers.com...

Old October 17th 03, 02:47 AM

it's now hanging at channel 12 found...

sucks..

I can't even end the program
i only can click restart the whole system again..
but then i turn the tv on..it hangs again...
is it software or hardware problem?

wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
nothing new installed..i have formatted the HDD cuz of the tv hang

issue...

"JAD" wrote in message
news
added anything recently...screen saver? power saving kickin on?

able.rogers.com...

Old October 17th 03, 02:52 AM
JAD

DirectX ?

wrote in message . cable.rogers.com...
it's now hanging at channel 12 found...

sucks..

I can't even end the program
i only can click restart the whole system again..
but then i turn the tv on..it hangs again...
is it software or hardware problem?

wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
nothing new installed..i have formatted the HDD cuz of the tv hang

issue...

"JAD" wrote in message
news
added anything recently...screen saver? power saving kickin on?

able.rogers.com...

Old October 17th 03, 02:55 AM

directx 9b now

been working just fine the tv wonder usb

"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
DirectX ?

wrote in message

. cable.rogers.com...
it's now hanging at channel 12 found...

sucks..

I can't even end the program
i only can click restart the whole system again..
but then i turn the tv on..it hangs again...
is it software or hardware problem?

wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
nothing new installed..i have formatted the HDD cuz of the tv hang

issue...

"JAD" wrote in message
news added anything recently...screen saver? power saving kickin on?

able.rogers.com...

Old October 17th 03, 03:03 AM
JAD

there has been much talk and frustration over tuners and 9b I would check for a patch.

wrote in message . cable.rogers.com...
directx 9b now

been working just fine the tv wonder usb

"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
DirectX ?

wrote in message

. cable.rogers.com...
it's now hanging at channel 12 found...

sucks..

I can't even end the program
i only can click restart the whole system again..
but then i turn the tv on..it hangs again...
is it software or hardware problem?

. cable.rogers.com...

"JAD" wrote in message
news added anything recently...screen saver? power saving kickin on?

able.rogers.com...

Old October 17th 03, 03:08 AM

i have checked the ati web..there's no patch or anything special for it : (

"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
there has been much talk and frustration over tuners and 9b I would check

for a patch.

wrote in message

. cable.rogers.com...
directx 9b now

been working just fine the tv wonder usb

"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
DirectX ?

wrote in message

. cable.rogers.com...
it's now hanging at channel 12 found...

sucks..

I can't even end the program
i only can click restart the whole system again..
but then i turn the tv on..it hangs again...
is it software or hardware problem?

. cable.rogers.com...

"JAD" wrote in message
news added anything recently...screen saver? power saving kickin on?

wrote in message

able.rogers.com...
I have a HP laptop with TV Wonder USB. After a few minutes of
watching TV the system will lockup. It will sometimes play

for 30
minutes
before locking up .
I am thinking this is a software problem but am open for

suggestions.
have
formatted and reinstalled OS

laptop is running xp home ,
the tv wonder usb used to work just fine..
until last week...all of a sudden starts doing things like

locking
up..
pls advise

Troubleshooting a laptop..help!! [email protected] General 0 January 6th 05 06:08 PM
Gaming Laptop Quaoar Homebuilt PC's 0 July 20th 04 03:06 PM
Laptop DVD Rom - DVD Media Compatibility +/- ? Rob Jones General 0 November 30th 03 10:13 AM
laptop xedos Homebuilt PC's 1 July 12th 03 09:38 PM
laptop xedos Homebuilt PC's 0 July 12th 03 05:11 PM